Gold, Guns, Girls

Chapter Ten.

Olivia glanced up from the sheet of lined paper before her, eying the figure leaning in the doorway curiously. His hands were buried in the restricting pockets of his tight jeans, and he wore a very shy grin on his face. She took note of the fact that he still looked ridiculously handsome even while wearing a plain, white t-shirt and faded, blue jeans. It didn't take half as much effort to look good as it did for Olivia, and she was envious of that. She'd do anything to eliminate fifteen minutes of the half hour it usually took her to ready herself in the morning. She became suddenly aware of the fact that she was wearing merely a tank top, and a pair of shorts so tiny they could double as underwear. Her cheeks turned pink and she pulled at the hem of her tank top, trying to cover the skin that had been left exposed by her shorts. She stood slowly from the swivel chair, making her way across the room to stand before him. His eyes flickered downwards, taking in her appearance as quickly as they possibly could.

"Hi Topher." His eyes snapped upwards at the sound of her voice, and he felt his cheeks burn, for he had been caught staring.

"Um, h-hi." He smiled sheepishly, ruffling the hair at the back of his head. "Olivia."

She crossed her arms over her small chest, gaining slight confidence and an almost playful glint in her eyes. She, too, leaned against the door frame, with the skin of her cheek pressed against the cool, white-painted wood. "Is there something you wanted?"

His eyes flickered to her playful smile, then trailed downwards, along her neck and collarbone and shoulder. Her skin, dotted with thousands and thousands of little, reddish-brown freckles, looked so pale and smooth at that moment. Especially in comparison to the inky blue, ribbed material of her tank top. "Yes." He said quietly, as he tried resisting the urge to reach out and touch her. "There uh-is."

Her grin only widened as he stuttered. "Well, what is it? I'm sure the boys are missing you downstairs."

He didn't really speak another word to her. Instead, a strange sound issued from the back of his throat. Almost like a growl, and Olivia wasn't exactly sure if it was because he hadn't taking a liking to her playful teasing. However, when he moved forward until their bodies were pressed together, Olivia knew it was because Topher had seen her in such little clothing than normal. And, even though he was extremely sweet, Topher still was a boy. And boys have needs. Lots of them, she had noticed, in the three and a half weeks they had been dating. She giggled against his mouth, gripping his forearms firmly with both hands. He pulled her closer still, until she was barely even standing on her own feet. Almost all her weight was rested on him, but he didn't mind one bit. He liked the warm, tingly feeling he got when he had Olivia this close to his body.

"You're so cute." He murmured affectionately against her lips, brushing her orange curls away from her forehead. He pulled his mouth from hers, moving upwards to press a brief kiss on her forehead. Olivia bit down on her bottom lip, moving away from him to shut the door. She then took his hand, leading him toward her bed and sitting down on the bouncy surface. In the most graceful way he could, Topher collapsed onto the bed, sprawled out on his stomach with his head buried deep in her fluffy, white pillows. Olivia laughed, laying on her side so that she was facing him. She reached out, lightly trailing her fingertips along his spine, through the cotton material of his t-shirt. He sighed, and she watched as the muscles in his shoulders relaxed. He turned his head to the side so that he could look at her, sending her a small pout. "I'm cold."

She smiled, moving closer until she was pressed against his side, and their faces were but inches apart. "Me too."

He moved so that he was also on his side, and wrapped his toned arms around her torso. He drew small circles in the small of her back with his index fingers, sending shivers down her spine. Olivia wasn't exactly accustomed to this kind of physical contact. Sure, her and Cameron had partaken in many, many touches in the course of their friendship, but they were never as intimate as the ones she'd experienced with Topher. They had yet to get past simple kisses and touches, but he had a way of making her feel such intimacy when he touched her. He was so loving.

--------

The freshman girl in front of Olivia stopped abruptly, turning to the group of fellow ninth-graders that were babbling animatedly beside her. She instantly became part of the conversation, waving her hands dramatically as words poured from her Barbie pink, glossed lips at the speed of light. Olivia exhaled deeply from her nose, letting out a strangled shriek as she had to maneuver her way around the girls. They silenced as they watched her stalk away from them, murmuring to one another about her little 'bitch fit.'

She arrived at her locker, spinning in her combination quickly and shoving all of her books inside. They hit the bottom of her locker with a loud thud, and a few of her loose sheets of paper slipped out from her binder. She let out a huff, turning to her locker mirror and running her fingers through her hair. She tried desperately to smooth out the frizz and unruly curls, but to no avail. Today just wasn't a very good day. She didn't get to sleep until three AM that morning, for she had been working diligently on an eleven paragraph essay for her Anthropology class. She was tired and quite cranky, and her hair just didn't seem to want to cooperate with her at all. Cameron and Topher weren't at school that day, either. Cameron had taken Valerie to the beach that day, because she was finally feeling well enough to leave the home, and Topher was playing at a basketball tournament at one of the neighboring high schools.

"Holy shit. Who is that?" Muttered a group of freshman boys across the hall.

Olivia moved her locker door, following their gaze to the figure moving down the hall. There was something about the girl that always caught people's attention, which was something Olivia was almost envious of. She wished she could turn the heads of everyone in the halls, just by strutting by them. She couldn't though, because she didn't have the same almost regal presence about her as she did. Olivia wasn't full of confidence, and she definitely did not have that amazing hair and body. Her eyes were dull and green, rather than the striking, light blue that contrasted in such an incredible way against her tanned skin. They made eye contact, and she grinned that perfect grin that Cameron talked so much about. It almost made Olivia melt at the mere sight of it, and she was pretty sure she despised this girl.

"Olivia Stewart." Heather grinned, leaning against the locker beside Olivia's.

Olivia's eyes flickered to the group of freshman boys, who were gawking at the two. She then turned back to Heather, and nodded her head slowly. "Uhm, hi?"

"Hey." Heather said casually, reaching up and smoothing down a few of the bumps in Olivia's hair. "What's up?"

"Uh, chemistry." Olivia paused, furrowing her brow. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?"

"Well, I was in school." She said, and Olivia took in her appearance. She was wearing her school's monogram, white, button-up shirts, untucked from the blue, green and white plaid skirt that she had rolled up to reach just inches below her rear end in length. She still wore her black dress shoes, and knee-high length socks, but had a black, leather jacket pulled on over top. It was ridiculous, how a girl could be so attractive when wearing such a terrible uniform, but Heather managed. "But I didn't feel like staying for the rest of the day, so I skipped."

"And came here?" Olivia said slowly, and Heather nodded. "Why?"

"To see you, silly." Heather grinned, reaching over and lightly squeezing her shoulder. "We're going to go to the mall."

"I can't." Olivia shook her head dismissively. "I can't skip any classes."

"Awe, come on." Heather pouted. "Cam wanted us to get to know each other, and since he's away for the day, I think it's the perfect time. He'd be so thrilled." She pleaded. "And I wasted a quarter tank of gas to get here. Shit's expensive."

Olivia sighed, resting her head against the cool metal of her locker. She considered her options, both sides debating whether or not she should go. But in the end, Olivia proved to herself that she didn't have the ability to say no to a person. She dropped her books into her locker and grabbed her lavender cardigan. Reluctantly, she followed Heather out of the school and to her car. Olivia wasn't sure if she'd like the outcome of this...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
My computer was broken, but I've finally gotten around to getting it fixed.
Comments would be greatly appreciated, especially considering the fact that I am neglecting my Anthropology essay to write/post this!