Gold, Guns, Girls

Chapter Seventeen.

Topher stirred in his sleep, feeling the warm sun shining down on his face. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block the light as it seeped through his eyelids, but he sighed, realizing there was no use. With a sigh, he rolled away from the window, trying to snuggle towards the body that was supposed to be sleeping soundly beside him. However, he was met with nothing but empty sheets, and he frowned, opening his eyes.

He glanced around Olivia's tidy room for any signs of the girl he had confessed his love to just a few hours before. Though he didn't see her, listening closely, he could hear her shuffling around in the bathroom. Smiling softly, he slowly got off of the bed, making his way toward the bathroom and opening the door. There stood his girlfriend, in merely her baby pink bra and matching panties, trying to tame her fiery mane of bright orange curls with the curling iron. She glanced in his direction, feeling a blush rise on her cheeks. She glanced down at herself, feeling self-conscious under his stare.

"Hey baby." He smiled lightly, his eyes scanning her pale, freckled skin in admiration.

"Hi Toph." She said softly, her cheeks burning a very vibrant shade of rouge.

"Why are you getting all dolled up?" He asked curiously, gesturing to the various beauty products spread out on her bathroom counter.

Olivia bit her lip, setting down her curling iron. "Well, Heather called me and asked us to go on a double date with her and Cameron, so I said yes. I thought that if you saw that I got all dressed up, you'd be more likely to agree too, because I know you don't like Cameron."

Topher sighed, leaning his head against the door frame. "Do I really have to do this?"

"Well, you don't have to." Olivia shrugged, pursing her lips sadly. "I'd like you to, though."

He groaned, letting his forehead come in contact with the white-painted wood once more. "Okay, fine. Where are we going?"

"Some restaurant downtown. Heather's favourite. Her dad has a tab there, so we can all eat for free." Olivia explained, reaching for her mascara.

"Is there a specific dress code?" He asked, and Olivia shrugged. "Well, what are you wearing?"

"Well, I was planning on wearing this..." She trailed off, pulling him into the bathroom and shutting the door. Her outfit was hung neatly on the hook on the back of the door, with the shoes and accessories set neatly there as well. "Does that look silly? Should I wear something else?"

Topher smiled softly, leaning down and kissing her forehead. "Liv, you'll look beautiful."

She bit her lip, grinning up at him. "Thank you, Topher."

"No problem." He smiled. "I'm going to go look through the collection of my clothes you have in your closet to see if there's anything decent for me to wear."

Olivia merely nodded, watching him leave the room. He shut the door behind him, and Olivia decided to get dressed. She removed the dress off of the hanger, gently pulling the beaded chiffon material over her small frame. She looked at herself in the mirror, moving around the see herself from every angle. She smiled softly, feeling oddly confident in herself as she batted her long, mascara-coated lashes at her reflection. Though she hated to admit it, she wasn't just dressing up for Topher or herself, but for Cameron as well. She loved Topher, she really did, but she couldn't help but want Cameron to think of her as pretty or beautiful, like Topher does. She had always had those kind of feelings about Cameron, but he never seemed to have any in return. Lately, though, he had been acting differently, so maybe there was a possibility that he could be thinking these things.

She giggled quietly, spraying herself lightly with perfume and dusting just a touch of shimmery, rose-coloured powder on the apples of her cheeks. Her lips were coated in a light layer of pink-tinted lip gloss, and she puckered her lips slightly. Topher appeared in the doorway as she fluffed her hair, watching her with his white teeth clamped on his bottom lip. "You look gorgeous." He murmured, making his way over to stand behind her. She smiled at him in the mirror, turning around to adjust the collar of his white-button-up shirt that he wore beneath a gray, v-necked sweater.

"As do you." She winked, placing her hands on his chest. She stood up on her tippy toes, pressing her lips very softly to his. He kissed back, despite the fact that he knew her lip gloss would end up on his lips, wrapping her arms around her thin waist.

"Olivia, Cam's car just pulled up to the curb!" They heard her mother call, and reluctantly, they pulled apart. Olivia re-applied her lip gloss, as Topher grabbed a tissue and wiped it away from his mouth. With a sigh, the two looked each other over, grabbing their things before making their way downstairs. They could hear her mother chatting with Cameron and Heather as they made their way towards the front hall, asking what they would be doing that evening and gushing about how cute it was that they had become friends. Olivia rolled her eyes, adjusting her dress one last time before telling her mother to stop harassing their friends. Her mother rolled her eyes, saying goodbye to everyone before leaving the doorway, and revealing Cameron and Heather as she did so.

Olivia felt her heart fall slightly as she stared at the two of them. Standing there together, they just looked fantastic. She didn't even know why she had thought that Cameron would give her a second glance when Heather was going to be there with them. She was wearing this red, high-waisted and the highest heels Olivia had ever seen. Her hair was in a beautiful state of disarray, and the neckline of her shirt showed off her amazing cleavage. She didn't just look good, she was sexy. Especially with Cam standing there beside her, in a pair of gray-wash, tight jeans and his typical leather jacket. Upon his messy, blonde hair, he wore a fedora and a pair of aviator sunglasses were perched on the bridge of his narrow nose. He looked amazing. However, he didn't look better than Topher. Topher looked so handsome and grown up in what he was wearing, despite his adorable baby face. She was happy that he was the one she was holding hands with at that moment, but she still wanted to be the one who had Cameron's eyes all over her. But, in her almost knee-length dress, she knew that she wouldn't earn any attention, seeing as more of Heather's skin was exposed than not.

"Oh Livy, looking cute as always." Heather cooed, reaching out and taking both her hands.

Olivia smiled weakly at her, uttering a quiet, "thank you." She bit her bottom lip, eying Heather once more. "You look very nice too."

"Thanks, babe." She winked, playfully punching Topher's shoulder. "Aren't you just a handsome devil?"

Topher chuckled at her, rolling his eyes. "Pretty much."

"But not as handsome as I." Cameron said, slinging his arm around Heather's shoulder. "Shall we be going, then?"

Everyone agreed, and Heather and Cameron started to make their way toward the car. Olivia turned to Topher with a small smile on her face, kissing his chin lightly. "I think you're more handsome than Cameron is." Her words brought the widest of grins to their faces, and the two exchanged a soft kiss. Eventually, they broke apart, smiling at one another before reluctantly making their way to the car.

But, after all was said and done, Olivia still wished that she could have Cameron's hungry eyes on her the same way that Heather had.
♠ ♠ ♠
How everyone looked:
Cameron.
Topher.
Olivia
Heather
The actual date will be in the next chapter.
This was just a filler, because I wanted to get something out, because I had promised this a long time ago.
Comments would be greatly appreciated!
I'm hoping to have some exciting events happen in the actual date, and I'd feel much more inclined to actually update if I received lots and lots of wonderful feedback.