Gold, Guns, Girls

Chapter Eight.

"I feel so stupid."

Olivia looked up from the ground, where her fingers were tangled in the grass, raising her brows at Topher. He laid beside her, sprawled out on the ground, staring up at the moon with a sad look in his eyes. Olivia would have felt bad, had she not been aware of the events of that night. Instead, she just laughed as she listened to him moan on about the mistakes he had made. Topher frowned at her, turned his head so that he was looking at her face. She was sitting cross-legged, with his head against her thigh.

"Why are you laughing at me?" He whined, covering his face with his hands.

"I'm not laughing at you." She told him, ruffling his hair playfully. "Why do you feel stupid, Topher?"

He hiccuped, shrugging his shoulders pathetically. "I shouldn't have-have done all those shots with... Hey, I can see up your nose." Olivia laughed, covering her nose with her hand. The colour in her cheeks reddened. "No, no. It's okay. No bats in the cave."

Olivia rolled her eyes at him, and Topher scooted closer to her, so that his head was laying in her lap. She smiled down at him, and untangled her fingers from the blades of unkempt grass, letting them weave their way through his smooth, brown hair. Her finger tips gently stroked his scalp, and he hummed quietly, voicing his enjoyment toward what she was doing.

"You look..." He paused, looking away from her face. "You are so pretty."

Olivia giggled, biting down on her bottom lip. "You are too, Toph."

He grinned as he reached up, tugging one of her wrists away from his hair so that he could play with her fingers. "I hope I didn't ruin our date."

"Of course you didn't." Olivia said, lacing her fingers with his. She watched as he brought her hand to his face, and kissed her knuckle very softly.

"Good." He rested their connected hands on his stomach, snuggling his face against the soft fabric of her shirt. "Because I really like you."

"You do?" She cooed, biting down on her lip. She had never had a boy tell her that they liked her before. She never expected it to feel so... Good.

"I always have." he admitted sheepishly. "Since that time I saw you when I was in the sixth grade, I always thought you were pretty. Never told anyone, though, because you were in the fourth grade and that would have been weird, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know." Olivia chuckled, looking up at the sky. "This is the first date I've ever been on, you know."

"Your brother told me." Topher nodded, looking up at the sky too. "He was all like, 'it's her first date. If I find out you made her touch your dick, I'll kill you.' "

"Sounds like something he would say." Olivia muttered.

"Yeah." He added, nodding his head. "For the record, I wasn't going to make you touch my dick. That wasn't my intention when I asked you to be my date to this party. I wasn't thinking, 'oh, I can't wait for her to touch my dick,' you know?"

"Well, I'd hope not." Olivia laughed. "That'd make you a perv like all your friends."

"Mhmm." He nodded, letting his eyes fall shut. "Can you play with my hair again? That felt good."

Olivia laughed, removing her hand from his and running them through his hair. He exhaled deeply from his nose, smiling happily as her fingers moved along his scalp. They stayed like that for a while, and Topher had started drawing patterns on the outside of her thigh with his index finger.

"You should kiss me."

Olivia's head snapped downwards, too look at Topher with a blank expression. "What?"

He grinned up at her, shrugging his shoulders. "Well, it's not like I'm asking you to touch my dick..."

Olivia bit down on her bottom lip, wrinkling her nose. "I know... I've just never really kissed a person before."

"I know." Topher reached up, poking her cheek. "I want to be your first."

Olivia was quiet, staring down at him thoughtfully. She had her bottom lip clamped between her top and bottom rows of teeth, nibbling on the tender flesh. Topher raised both his brows, giving her a questioning look, and she sighed. "Uhm, okay."

His grin widened, though Olivia had thought it wasn't possible, and he coaxed her downwards with his index finger. "C'mere then, cutie."

Olivia's teeth pulled at her bottom lip, and she dipped her head downwards, so that she was hovering above him. Their faces were close enough from her to feel his breath on her lips, but not close enough for their mouths to be touching, like he so badly wanted them to. Topher reached up, cupping her cheek gently with his left hand. He lifted his head up from her lap, slowly pressing his lips against hers. The kiss was very soft and sweet. The first one only lasted a few seconds, for they had both pulled back with pink cheeks. And then, they brought their mouths back together again, for a second kiss. It wasn't open mouthed, nor was there any tongue, which Olivia was thankful for, because she had no idea what she would do with herself in those instances. It was just a simple kiss, which was good for two very shy individuals.

When they pulled apart that second time, they just smiled at each other, with their faces at that close proximity. Olivia leaned her face into Topher's warm palm, watching the way his straight, white teeth pulled at his lip. To her, he was one of the cutest boys she had ever seen. He was so shy, and he was always smiling--It was so endearing. She was sure they would have kissed again, because his eyes kept focusing on his lips, but Cameron had a way of showing up at the worst times.

He stumbled into the backyard, far more drunk and obnoxious than Topher had been, and collapsed on the floor beside Olivia. His head was rested in the crook of her neck, and she shuddered at the way his breath tickled her skin.

"My baby is missing." He whined in her ear. "Have you seen her? I need to find her. I'm so horny right now. Like, you don't even know."

Olivia grimaced, glancing down at Topher, who was glaring up at Cameron in the most indignant manor. "Uhm, no... We haven't seen her, Cam."

"Fuck. This is so uncool. We were just like, dancing and-and, I don't know. She disappeared." He groaned in her ear, and Olivia tried to convince herself that she didn't like the way it sounded when he spoke like that in her ear. "I just-Fuck. I'm so horny."

"Oh, come on, man." Topher grumbled, lifting his head from her lap. "Is that really any way to talk around a girl?"

Cameron raised both his brows, looking at Topher in a mixture of amusement and disbelief. "Olivia and I happen to be best friends, man. I can talk to her about shit like this." Really, Cameron wasn't so bad of a guy. If people knew his whole story, he wouldn't be seen as such a douche, but there were times where Cameron could really be a dick. He knew it, and he took enjoyment out of pissing people off. "Right Livy?"

"I-I guess..." She muttered awkwardly as Cameron wrapped his arms around her.

"Mmm, I have an idea." He smirked. "Why don't you help me with my problem?" His lips latched to her neck, and he began guiding her hand toward the crotch of his jeans. Olivia gasped, pulling her body completely away from his and staring at him in horror. He merely laughed, slowly rising from the ground and brushing the straw blades of grass from his jeans. "Oh, come on. You know I'm only kidding, Livs."

And with a final smirk sent in Topher's direction, he made his way out of the backyard and disappeared into the crowd huddled in the kitchen. Topher sat up from his laying position, scooting closer to her and wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Olivia silently rested her head on his shoulder, letting him play with her hair as they sat there in silence.

Did Cameron really always have to act like such a dick?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha...
Cameron's a douche.
Comments, guys!
You guys did pretty good with the last chapter. :)