Status: frightening the living daylights

She Can Hear You...

What to do

When I was walking home, her words were rushing through my head, like a spinning top that would never loose its energy...that would never stop.
Tear it down.
Tear it down.
Tear it down.

Ms. Berak had told me before that the city had sent investigators and contractors to tear her house down. But her house was the only thing she really cherished, it was hers, and nobody could take it.

But she would have to let it go... I mean, what am I supposed to do about the city wanting to tear down a house? I could try to talk to someone, but they wouldn't understand how I knew about it.

Mrs. Berak also said that the city was coming with bulldozers and machinery in nine days, so I only had nine days to stop this. She needed me to save her, or at least, the place that she held the most dear to her heart.

I was the special one, and it has to be me, because I'm the only person who knows or understands.

I walked through the darkened streets, seeing how I sneaked out to see her, I would have to sneak back into my house. I looked at the grass beneath my feet as I slowly made my way through the neighbourhood without sidewalks, towards the place I call home.

I walked through my backyard, and towards the big elm tree in my backyard that I had to climb up to get through my bedroom window. My knees ached from falling painfully on the ground, but I trecked up the tree anyways.

I slipped through my bedroom window and without a sound, I slipped into pajamas and slipped into bed.

I lay there thinking of how I was supposed to save her house, what if I couldn't?