Status: in the making

Veggie Head

Hercules

April 10, 2010
He's my hero, you know? Hercules.
Such a great man. Lived during such a great time.
Gods who seduced mortals, mythological creatures, legends like Achilles and Perseus.
God it would've been amazing.
Better than living in this shithole we call an era.

Anyway....
Our spring break just started, and tomorrow I leave out to go to Alabama (glee). I might get to meet up with one of my old friends, I might not. Either way I'm stoked. I can't wait to tan and go to the beach.

I've been thinking a lot about love lately.
How it blossoms into something beautiful. How you date, and you fall in love, you get engaged, get married, have kids, live happily ever after in your little average life.
Or how it can go compeltely wrong. You date, the person you fall in love with is a total dick who gets you into shit like drugs, you become a drug addict, you get pregnant, have the baby, leave it somewhere, and go on living the worthless life you've gotten yourself into.
And after laying out the two maps, I've realized something.
I'll probably meet a man just as boring as me, with the same boring problems and the same boring dreams. And somehow, we'll cling to each other, since we have no one else, and we'll pass it off as love, though we both know it's not. We might have an affair, we might not, but we'll still cling to each other, even though we know it's not working. Eventually we'll marry, possibly divorce, but neither me or him will be happy with the life we lived. We'll have so many regrets and wishes, but we never took the risks we could have taken, wanted to take, but were too afraid.
And then we die, and the worthless life we lived will be forgotten by everyone.

People are sort of like clouds. We begin to form, and we absorb everyone's love, until we grow so big, we have to let it all out, and we dissapear, just like that.
We'll be forgotten. Completely forgotten.
And we all want to change that. We all want to be the person who'll be remembered forever. Like George Washington, the first president of the US, or Hitler, Germany's worst dictator, or like Pericles, Greece's finest politican.
And even though we want to be imortal, we are destined to be forgotten.
Our purpose is to live our average lives with other average people. But those lucky few, those who have become imortal in our minds, they won't be imortal forever.

We live to die.
It's as simple as that.