Status: in the making

Veggie Head

Snow Banks

February 1, 2010
They're pretty high this year around. Normally snow doesn't even fall until the end of February. This year though, it snowed in the middle of December, and the snow has only melted...once. And the next day it snowed. Hard.
I used to love the snow, but after a while, it just becomes a nuccianse. There was a saying my old Geography teacher from seventh grade always used to say.
EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED.
That was his mogo, you know? And he was right. Every now and again I'll think about that saying, and I'll try to find something that doesn't connect to something totally different. I've always failed, he was right. Everything IS connected. Don't believe me? Go ahead, try it.
For example, I'm going to try and connect turtles and fruit cake.
Well...turtle's shells are hard on the outside, like a watermelon. Watermelon is a fruit, and fruit is in fruit cake. Therefore, turtles and fruit cake are connected.
Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is, snow and becoming a veggie head. They're two completely different things, but they're still connected. Even if the reasoning behind their connection is quite silly.
Oh well.
But let me move on.
Today it snowed. All day. It's still snowing now. For a while, it would snow lightly, then it would look like a blizzard outside for a few minutes, then it would go back to snowing lightly. (For those of you who don't live in Germany, the weather is stupid and on crack.) During my history class, it snowed heavily the whole 80 minutes of class (we have a block schedule). That class period we talked about different philosophies.
Did you know that everyone has a differen't philosphy? I have one, you have one. I didn't even think about it until about 12:00 this afternoon. But the example my history teacher used was Animal Cruelty.
He said, "Yes, we're sad that the poor animals are treated badly before packaged off for us to eat, but gosh darnit! We love those chicken nuggets, don't we?"
Right then my stomach dropped. Even before then, in my other classes, we talked about vegetarianism. That morning even, before I walked to school, my friend thought I was crazy. I didn't know it then, but once I reached school, my day began to go downhill.

Have you ever had one of those days where everything seems...off? Like, you know its happening, but it doesn't seem like it's right?
Well, that was my day today.
Everything sort of passed in a blur, and I only realized it when I was walking my dogs when I got home.
The snow was falling, I was tromping through it with my dogs, and I don't know why, but that was when it felt like everything had slowed down. Like someone pressed the pause button on a remote.
I realized how the past few days have been whizzing by. Like I'm in a dream.
And I'm not exactly sure if I like that feeling or not.