Dream in the Land of the Elves

Chapter 2

Everything will be fine. Rang my mother's voice in my head when I opened my eyes; I was still on the plane, but when I looked out the window my eyes widened. I couldn't believe what I saw: there were some long, beautiful green fields full of flowers and life, green mountains with some tiny cows grazing in her lap and a beautiful midnight-blue lake. I blinked several times to make sure that what I was seeing was real. It was so beautiful! I felt an incredible sense of peace and happiness that I had never experienced before. At that moment I knew we were about to arrive.

After having been sitting 12 hours straight, I had a huge need to move my legs freely, and also to go to the bathroom, so when I got off the plane I went almost running to the toilet. After stretching my legs and finished with the bathroom I felt a little disoriented because I couldn't find the baggage claim. So I asked a security guard if he could help me find my luggage. I thanked him and went to look for the representative of the school that would pick me up.

I walked out the international door surrounded by all the people coming from other countries, looking around for the person to take me to the school.

While searching for some sign where my name was written, I felt someone gently touch my shoulder. When I turned I saw a guy of about 18 years old, with dark-brown, short and a bit disheveled hair; beautiful blue-gray, deep eyes; a straight and slightly upturned nose; pink, thin lips and white, smooth skin that looked like ivory. He looked around six feet tall, and had a thin, but athletic body. I had never seen anyone so handsome in my life.

"Hello" he told me with a deep voice, in which there was a marked English accent. "Are you Mina Velasco?" he asked me.

"Y...Yes." I told him, unable to look away from those beautiful gray eyes.

"It's great that I've found you!" he told me relieved. "I looked all over the place, but with all these people I couldn't find you." he said with a slight chuckle.

Not knowing what to answer I gave him a nervous smile, still lost in those eyes.

"My name is Andrew Hastings." he introduced himself.

"Hi." I nervously said. "I'm Mina Velasco." I said stretching my hand.

"Yes, I know." he laughed shaking it. Of course he knew it! I'm so stupid! Why did I say that?!

"Yes! Sure, sorry. I'm just a little tired from the trip and all." I said with a nervous smile.

"Of course you are tired. Come, follow me." he said turning around. "Oh! Let me help you with your bags." he said with a big smile that showed a row of white teeth as he took my bags.

I couldn't help but smile. "Thanks." I thanked him blushing a little.

"You're welcome." he said with that smile still on his lips.

I followed him through the huge airport until we reached the parking lot, where he pointed at a dark grey Honda. I climbed into the passenger's seat while he put my luggage in the trunk of the car. I fastened my belt and Andrew sat in the driver's seat.

"Well." he sighed. "The school is half an hour from here, so it won't take a long time to reach it." he told me.

"Ok." I said.

He started the engine of the car and headed for the exit of the parking lot. To break the awkward silence that was beginning to grow I said "You're from England, right? I can tell by your accent."

"Yes, I moved here six months ago and started working at the St. Marie's High School, in the international area." he said. "I'm just learning. In fact, you are my first official work." he said smiling.

I frowned. "Your first job?" I inquired.

"Yes, I was given small jobs. As a training or something." he replied.

"Oh." I muttered. "And do you like this job?" I asked curiously.

"So far it has been very quiet, but I think it'll start being more fun now that you came and I'll show you how it's like here." he said. I smiled. I liked the idea of at least knowing someone and that I could talk to him. "By the way," he added "how old are you?"

"I'll turn 17 in December." I said. "And you?"

"I just turned 18 in April." he told me.

"Oh! Then you're Taurus, right?" I replied. "I'm Sagittarius."

"Then I think we are compatible." he laughed. I laughed too.

"And...do you have brothers or sisters?" I asked changing the topic abruptly.

"No. I'm an only child, I had lived with my parents in London until this year that I moved here." he said. "How about you, do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"Yes." I smiled at the tought of Vanya and Nicholas. "I have a 28 year old brother named Nicholas, and I also have a 14 year old sister named Vanya."

"I suppose you have a lot of fun with them." he said.

"Yeah, well. Sometimes they can make me go crazy." I said with a chuckle. "But either way I love them both very much." I smiled.

"I always wanted a brother." he said with a sad tone in his voice. "But after I was born, the doctor told my mum that if she was pregnant again, there would be a risk of her or the baby dying. So my dad and her decided it would be better not to have any more children."

"Sorry." I said sympathetically. "Well, at least you're here."

"Yes, you're right" he smiled. "And I'm glad about that." he laughed. His laughter was deep, and when I heard it, it succeeded in making me feel happy and relaxed. "And, do you look like any of your siblings?" he asked when he stopped laughing.

"No."

"You don't look like either of your two siblings?" he asked, his eyes widening.

"No." I replied with a chuckle. "Well, my brother has light brown skin just like me, but our features don't resemble; he has black, wavy short hair; dark brown eyes; a very nice smile and a straight nose. And my sister," I sighed. "She and I are not alike at all. Her skin is white, light brown hair, a little clearer than yours," I added. "honey colored eyes and a straight and a bit pug nose; she's like 5 feet, like me, with a lean and athletic body." I said.

"I don't think that you don't resemble anything." he frowned.

I laughed. "Everyone tells us we don't. At least my sister and I." I laughed. "If you want I can show you some pictures of my family when we get there." I proposed.

"Yes, that would be nice." he said smiling.

We turned a corner and I saw a huge, red brick building with vines on the walls and a black iron gate at the entrance, there was a fountain behind the gate with crystalline water falling from it.

I widened my eyes. "Wow." I said barely louder than a whisper.

"We're here." Andrew informed me, while entering what seemed to be the school's parking lot.

He parked in a spot reserved for workers and teachers. We got out of the car and he helped me get my bags from the trunk.

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed.

"You like it?" he asked.

"If I like it?" I laughed. "I love it!" I replied excitedly. "It looks like it jumped out of a fairy tale book or something." I said in a little childish tone.

Andrew began laughing "What?" I said a little offended.

"Is just that you sounded like a five-years old child." he laughed.

"Shut up!" I ordered with a giggle. "The thing is that I'm fulfilling my dream." I explained. "I had always wanted to come, but had been impossible, 'til now."

"Well, now that you're finally fulfilling your dream, you must follow it until the end." he encouraged me. "Come, I'll show you the school, and then I'll take you to your room."

"Ok." I said with a big smile.

We passed the fountain and headed towards the main entrance. We were facing two big doors of about 11 feet made of dark wood with metal knockers in them.

Andrew opened them and I finally entered the one that would be my home for the next year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there! Well, this was the second chapter of my story! Hope you all liked it! Please message me telling what you think!