Dream in the Land of the Elves

Chapter 5

We went into the hallway and headed for the stairs.

"So, you're from Japan, right?" I asked Mac.

"Yeah."

"That's awesome! I really love Japan, it's culture and specially anime." I laughed. "I've always wanted to go on the blooming of sakuras."

"Yes, it's very beautiful, it's all pink and pretty." she smiled. "You like anime?"

"Yeah, I love it." I chuckled.

"Me too!" she said happily.

"Oh! This is great, now we have something in common." I smiled widely. She smiled too.
"And you come from Switzerland, right?" I aked Amber, trying to make her talk.

"Yeah." she said in a bored voice.

"I've never been there, but I have heard that it's very beautiful."

"Yeah, it is." she replied. I made her talk! A little victory for myself.

"Is this your first year here?" I asked both of them.

"No." Mac replied. "Amber and I met each other last year, we were roommates. And now we asked Mr. Jerrif if we could be roommates again and he said yes, but we would have to share the room with another person, and that's you." she smiled.

"Wow." I mumbled. "It's awesome that you kept your friendship all year."

"Yeah." Mac giggled. "We've been best friends since then."

We arrived to the main building and went to the courtyard's hallway. I opened the door and we went in.

"Hey! Declan!" Mac shouted raising her arm trying to pull someone's attention. I turned to see a boy running towards us; he pulled Mac into a big hug.

"Oh, I missed you Mackie" he told her with a huge smile on his face. "I thought you'd arrive yesterday."

"I was going to arrive yesterday, but my flight got canceled because of the weather, so I had to take another flight." she explained. "But enough about me. Declan, this is Mina, she comes from Mexico." she introducd me.

"Hi." I greeted him. "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." he smiled. "Hey, why don't you come with us and meet our friends." he offered.

"Ok." I smiled.

We went to the fountain, where some boys and girls were sitted.

"Guys!" Declan shouted, dragging the group's attention. "This is Mina, and she's new."

"Hi!" a girl told me. "I'm Irina and I'm from Russia, nice to meet you Mina." she smiled. She had pale skin and black curly hair. She seemed to be like 5'5''.

"Hi." I greeted her.

"Hey." a brunette girl said. "I'm Eva, and I'm from Portugal." she said shily. She had olive skin and was a bit shorter than Irina.

"Hi." I said.

"Come. Let me introduce you to the boys." Mac said. "Ok, this is Mike." she said pointing a boy dressed very fashionable. He had dark, almost black hair and brown eyes, he seemed to be 5'7''.

"Hi, I'm Mike, and I'm gay." he announced. I arched my brows. "Don't be surprised, hon." he smiled.

I laughed. "I'm Mina, nice to meet you."

"This is Jeff." Mac said. I turned to see the tallest guy I had ever seen. He was around 6 feet tall, taller than Andrew. And with my 5 feet I was a bit intimidated.

My mouth opened a little. "Uh...hi." I shaked my head slightly, getting out of the trance in which I was. "I'm Mina, nice to meet you." I'm getting a little tired of repeating that same sentence a hundred times the same day.

"Hey!" he smiled widely. "It's really nice to meet you." then he did the strangest thing: he pulled me into a huge hug, lifting me off the ground. What the hell is wrong with this guy! "You don't weight a thing." he frowned.

I blushed slightly. "Uh...Yeah, I guess that's my metabolism. Why did you-"

"Oh! Sorry about that." he cut me off. "I just like to show my feelings, and right now I'm very happy to have a new friend." he said putting that huge smile again on his face. He is officialy the strangest person I've ever met.

"And last but not least," Mac said. "this is Aidan." she pointed a blonde boy with clear, blue eyes.

"Hey." he said softly. "Nice to meet you." he said flushing.

"Nice to meet you too." I said smiling. I guess this guy's very shy.

We headed back to where Amber, Irina and Eva were. "Don't tell anyone," Mac whispered. "but Aidan has had a crush with Eva since last year, but he doesn't dare to ask her out." she giggled. I giggled too.

We stayed there for at least half an hour, chatting about school's stuff and vacations.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I saw the other wooden door, the one that I was supposed no to go through.

"Mina?" I heard Mac's voice. "Are you there?"

"What?" I said a bit disoriented.

"We're gonna go to our room, wanna come?" she asked.

"Ummm...I think I'll stay here a little longer, but I'll catch up with you later." I told her.

"Oh. Okay." she smiled. And then went out the door, with everybody else, to the dorms.

I got up and went to the door, I hadn't seen it this close before.The dark oak seemed to be very old, with a little mold all over it. Then I saw a big padlock that kept the door closed. I touched it gently with my fingertips, when all of a sudden I heard a male's voice. "What are you doing?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This was the fifth chapter, I guess it was a little short, but necessary. Hope you all liked it! Tell me what you think! ;)