Dream in the Land of the Elves

Chapter 9

When we arrived the parking lot I saw a black Lamborghini RG-T Murciélago. Woa! I never thought someone in the school could own something like that! I saw Amber walking towards the driver’s seat of it, opening the door and sitting on it. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor. WTF!? I swear I was frozen in the place.

“Mina! Are you coming?” Mac called from the passenger’s seat, with a huge smile on her face.

I couldn’t talk, so instead I whispered. “On that?”

“Yeah.” she answered carefreely. I walked like a zombie till I reached the back door and opened it. I sat beside Eva and the window also.

The drive to the mall was pretty good. We talked about which stores we would visit first, and what kind of clothes we should look for. Me always trying to change their minds, but never achieving it. They had so random tastes one from each other. Amber loved Hot Topic, Mac loved Forever 21, Eva loved Wet Seal and Irina loved PacSun. I was amazed by how they were so close frineds having so different tastes and ways of thinking. I liked all those different ways of thinking.

We arrived and parked the car. I was still a bit moody, but it was going to pass away. I guess I should just enjoy this time with my friends. Besides, with new clothes I will look better. I tried to mentalize myself. But as hard as I tried, I just couldn’t stop hating shopping.

“Ok.” I said. “So...Where are we going first.”

The three of them stood there thinking. “I know!” Mac yelled, startling me. “We’ll go to Hot Topic to look for a cute skirt, and then we’ll look a shirt and some accesories in other stores, ok?”

“Ok.” Amber, Eva, Irina and me said.

We went directly to Hot Topic. I really hoped we could finish this fast. We entered and the first thing I saw was the black walls covered with clothes. There were t-shirts of all colors, ragged jeans, colorful jeans, it was really awesome. It was really gothic too. And the people around us stared at us with weird glares. I guess that was because specially Mac and me were dressed kind of girly, more Mac than me, let me say. Actually, the only one that combined with the store was Amber, she was the only one that didn’t receive death glares.

“Come.” Amber told me. “Here are the skirts.”

I followed her deeper into the store. I saw lots of skirts hanging from the walls and in the halls. Seriously, there were a lot.

“Ok.” she said. “Try this, and this, and this.” she said handing me three different skirts.

“Ok.” I said while she pushed me into one of the dressing rooms. I began undressing myself and putting the first skirt on. When I was finished I went out of the dressing room for them to see it. It was a black skirt with purple dots all over it.

“Hummm...” Mac hummed. “Try the next one.” she said kind of bossily.
Amber was looking for others skirt along with Irina and Eva.

“Ok.” I said.

I entered the dressing room and got the black skirt off. I grabbed the second one and put it on. I went out and looked at myself in the mirror. This skirt was black with bright green stripes that went verticaly and horizontaly, it was also plaid. I like this one.

“I like that.” I heard Eva say from on of the halls. “It goes good with your skin color.”

I blushed a little. I wasn´t used to people saying things like that to me. “Thanks.” I mumbled.

“Yeah.” Mac said. “That looks good.” she added. “But you’ll try more.”

In that moment, Amber came out of one of the halls with Irina and Eva behind her. The three of them carring skirts in her hands. They were LOTS of skirts. This is gonna take long.

I grabbed a random skirt and slipped it on. When I went out I saw the one that I had put on. It was a tripp red pleated mini skirt. I liked it, but I kind of wanted something more elaborated.

“Too simple.” Irina said.

“Yeah.” Amber said. “Try another one.”

I went again into the dressing room. It went the same way for about 45 minutes or so. I was getting tired. Finally I was at the las skirt. None of the other ones were elaborated enough, cute enough, short enough...

I went out to look at myself in the mirror again. I was wearing a black, plaid skirt with two clips on both sides of the hips, and a clothes pin that seemed to put together one part of the skirt with the other on the left side of it. My mouth fell a little when I saw the skirt on me. I love this skirt.

“That’s it.” Mac said. “We’re taking that.” she said standing up and heading for the cashier.

I went into the dressing room one more time before going to the cashier and paying for the skirt. We went out of the store, me grabbing a Hot Topic bag with my hand.

“Now we have to go look for the top.” Irina stated.

“And where are we going to look for it?” I asked with a little excitement in my tone. They looked at me with a strange look. “What?” I said.

“I think you are begining to like this, aren’t you?” Mac asked with a mischevous smile.

I blushed a little and turned my head away. “Maybe.” I mumbled. I really can’t believe I’m enjoying this.

Mac began to laugh audibly. “That’s great!” she replied. “Now this is going to be so much more fun.”

I smiled widely. “Ok. So where are we going now?” I asked enthusiasticaly.

“Let’s go to Wet Seal.” Eva answered quickly. “You are gonna like it.” she smiled sweetly.

We went directly to Wet Seal, without stopping anywhere so we arrived faster.

Immediatly after entering the store, Eva, Mac ad Irina separated to look for a shirt. The only one that stayed with me was Amber.

“Come on.” she said. “Let’s look for a shirt.”

We walked through the halls of the store, the both of us grabbing shirts in our way. We went towards the dressing rooms, and Mac, Eva and Irina were alread there, waiting for us.

“Ok.” Mac said. “Start tring on those shirts, and then I’ll pass ou more, ok?”

“OK.” I said closing the door of the dressing room. I grabbed a bright blue tank top and slipped it on. I also put the skirt on, so I could see how the both of them looked together. I got out of the dressing room so they could see me.

“Hummm...” Irina and Mac said in unison. “I think it’s too simple.” Mac said.

“Yeah.” Eva agreed. “Try something else.”

I went into the dressing room again and got the tank top off. The same thing went on and on for another half an hour or so. I had some shirts, t-shirts and tank tops left, so I grabbed another one, put it on, took a deep breath and went outside for them to see me.

I had my eyes closed when I heard Irina sigh in satisfaction. I opened my eyes and saw myself in the mirror. I was wearing a a cream colored tank top, with the face of a girl in the front, that look like made with chinese ink. It had mesh lace applique on the upper part of the back and in a little piece of the thick strap.

My eyes widened and my mouth fell a little. It seemed as if it was made for the skirt. It looked perfect.

“I think we’re taking this.” I said when I finished staring at my reflection. They nodded with big smiles on their faces.

“Ok.” Mac said as we went out of the store. “Now we have to find the accesories.”

“Yeah.” Eva said.

“Hummm...” Amber hummed. “Why don’t we go to Claire’s?” she suggested. “We’ll definitely find something there.”

“Ok.” we agreed.

We walked to where Claire’s was, stopping at other accesories’ stores. When we found it, we went inside, the five of us searching for something that went good with my new outfit.

“Hey.” Eva said behind me. “Try this.” I turned around to look what she was handing me. It was a long neclace, made of little black, plastic balls. It was cute, and I thought that it went perfectly with the outfit. I put it on and went to the little mirror to see how it looked.

“I think this is perfect for the outfit, don’t you?” I said smiling.

“Yeah.” Eva replied. “Maybe we should look for something for you hair, also.” She suggested. I nodded.

I began looking for hair accesories that I could use. There were plain hairbands, thick hairbands, thin hairbands, hairbands with buns, simple barrettes, barrettes with fake jewelry on them, hairpins. Well, there were tons of accesories, but I couldn’t find the right one.

“How about this one?” Mac said, showing me a barrete with silver jewelry on it.

“I don’t think it fits the outfit.” I said frowning. “Keep looking.” I smiled.

“Ok.” she smiled.

I kept looking for hair accesories without finding anything that was perfect, until I saw a beautiful black flower, made of thin fabric. It was attached to a hairpin, so you could put it in your hair.

“Hey guys.” I called. “What do you think about this one.” I turned to show them the flower.

“I think that’s it.” Irina smiled. “It’s classy and cool.” she commented. “So you should totally wear it.”

“I also need some earrings, because I only have these ones.” I pointed to the silver ones I was wearing. “And I need many.” I removed the hair that fell on my ears to show them the five earrings I was wearing. Yeah. I had in total five piercings in my ears. The two normal ones; another two above those, one above each one; and one at the top of my ear.

I burst out laughing when I saw that the four of them had astonished expressions on their faces. “Why are you so surprised?” I asked between laughs.

“How come we didn’t know you had so many piercings?” Mac said with a frown.

“Well,” I said when I calmed down. “I always let my hair fall on my ears, and you never asked.”

She laughed. “I guess you’re right.”

“Those are the only ones you have, right?” Eva asked, kind of insecure.

I shook my head. “I also have one in my belly button.” I said with a mischiveous smile.

Their astonished faces came back once again. I really couldn’t stop myself from laughing at those funny faces.

“Come on guys.” I said. “Stop staring at me as if I was some kind of freak and start looking for cute earrings.” I laughed.

“God.” Irina said. “I guess there’s a lot of things we don’t know about your dark past.” she wiggled her fingers and squinted. We all laughed at this and began looking for some earrings.

We finally found two beautiful rose-shaped earrings. We chose them black colored. They came with two little plastic balls, also balck, that were perfect for my second piercings. While searching for the earrings, I found a bracelet that matched the neclace perfectly. It was also made of black plastic balls.

I bought all the things we had chosen and went out of the store with the others behind me.

When we finished it was nearly four o’clock. And I was starving.

“Hey guys.” I called. “Let’s go for something to eat.”

“Yeah, I’m starving.” Mac agreed. “Wanna go to the fast food?”

“You guys go ahead, I want to go somewhere first.” Irina said giggling. She whispered something in Amber’s ear and soon Amber was giggling with her.

“We’ll meet you at the food court.” Amber said still giggling and etwined her arm with Irina’s and walked away from us.

“That was weird.” I said frowing my eyebrows confused.

“That’s them.” Mac said laughing.

“Yeah.” Eva agreed. “They are very close.” She said sending a suspicious glare at Mac and then the both of them giggled. What is wrong with these girls?

Mac should have noticed my confused face. “Don’t worry,” She put her hand on my shoulder. “you’ll understand it soon.” My stomach growled and that reminded us where were we going before this conversation. Mac laughed at this. “Come on, let’s go for something to eat.” Mac said walking towards the court food. We entered, and I chose mexican food of course. I missed my counrty, and my family but I was very happy here with my new friends. We sat down and began to eat our foods, and when we were about to finish, Amber and Irina appeared next to our table. Mac Eva and I gasped at the same time.

“What the fuck Irina! Why did you do it?!” Eva yelled at Irina obviously refering to her new bottom lip pierced.

“I’ve always wanted one” Irina said smiling.

“Did it hurt?” I asked.

“A little bit, but it was definately worth it” Irina answered smiling more. “I’ve been wanting one since long ago.” She laughed. “And now that I saw yours, I gathered the courage needed to have one myself.”

“Well, I think it looks great.” Amber said with a smile.

“Come on Amber, let’s get something to eat.” Irina smiled sweetly at Amber and Amber smiled back the same way. Those two are weird.

They chose their food and soon they were sitting with us talking about how I must act at my date with Liam. When they were finished we all went to the car, but now Irina was in the passenger seat and Amber driving again. And the whole time Irina kept playing with her new piercing and I thinking about Liam.

We arrived to the school fast and got outside with everyone hurrying me to my room to get me ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked this new chapter (: Please please please tell me what you think! If you have any recomendations or anything I would appreciate them very much jaja :D