Sweet Charlotte

hoping a better place is all I need

“What are we going to do about her?” Worry, fear, and heartbreak was all he saw in his wife's eyes. And he was pretty sure his eyes showed the same thing when he looked at her. When he thought about it, he had no idea what to do. He was just as hopeless as she was when it came to their daughter's current predicament.

They watched together, through the large window, their seventeen-year-old daughter spin around like a ballerina around the room, clapping her hands together like a little girl whenever she completed a double spin.

“She thinks she's still a child, Jerry. We have to do something. Anything to help her.”

“You know the doctors are doing anything and everything possible to find something to cure this... or at least tame it.” They watched their daughter fall on all fours to the ground after another attempt at a spin. She immediately started crying. The mother was just about ready to go in there, but a nurse was already in the room. She left the door open.

“It's hurts!” She wailed. She held up her palms to the nurse. They were scratched, and crimson blood slowly oozed out of the wound. “MOMMY!” She cried loudly.

“Oh, god,” Her mother cried in anguish. Jerry was quick to gather her in his arms.

MOMMY!” Another wail. “I WANT MY MOMMY!” She tried to kick the nurse out of the way, but she was quick to hold her feet down as another nurse came into the room to help her out. The nurses had brought her to her bed and strapped the out-of-control teen onto it. Jerry's eyes followed the nurses, and he watched with a hopeless look in his eyes as their daughter cried and scratched at the nurses who were trying to calm her down.

As his wife cried onto his shoulder, he closed his eyes and sighed quietly. He looked back into the room. A syringe was poked into her arm and he slowly watched as his daughter was getting sedated. Her crying was beginning to quiet down, and she was beginning to fall asleep. “It's going to be okay, she's going to be okay. We're going to fix this.”

But now he wasn't too sure anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
This takes place some time before the prologue, if you're confused.