Status: Finished

Almost Easy!

Almost Easy!

There I was sitting on the couch with my beautiful girlfriend, we were watching tv, the news. “There’s a new killer on the loose. We’re going to keep informing you on the information we learn.” Deanna looked up at me with those beautiful green eyes.

“What have you done?” she asked, laying her hand on my cheek.

“Nothing.” I lied, looking at her. She glared at me.

“If your going to keep lying to me, I swear.” she spat at me.

“De. Why can’t you just understand what I want? I want to kill, that’s it. Why the hell can’t you accept that?” I asked.

“Because, it’s cruel, and terrorizing. It’s wrong on so many levels.” she said shaking her head.

“But you have to understand. My father was a killer, he taught me his ways. I’m sorry I was born into it.” I yelled at her, standing up. “You have no idea how hard it is keeping this away from you. My idea of freedom is to do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. You can’t understand how hard it is balancing my love for you, and the want to kill someone.”

She stood up and hit me. “I bet it’s the easiest thing ever.”she said pushing me back. I snarled and took her head in my hands.

“You have no idea!” I yelled in her face. “I want to kill right now, but I can’t, because I have cops on my trail.”

“It doesn’t matter. Just because your father was evil, doesn’t mean you should too.” she spoke softly.

“I WAS BORN INTO IT!!” I yelled.

“It.... Doesn’t.... Matter.” she looked me in the eyes.

“It matters to me. I loved my father, and what he did. But I love you too.” I said, holding my head in my hands.

“Just stop.” she said, lifting my head so that she could see my eyes.

“I can’t!” I yelled.

“Then... We’re over.” she sighed.

“But... but we can’t.” I stuttered.

“I can’t take it. Looking the other way while you go off on a killing spree, it’s impossible. I end up crying myself to sleep every night.” she cried.

“I can change.” I said.

“You just said you couldn’t. That’s it... I’m out of her.” she held her hands up and walked by me.

“Oh no you don’t.” I growled. She looked at me with a confused look. I glared and brought her back over to me, and took her to a chair. I grabbed some rope and tied her to it.

“This isn’t going to help anything.” she whined, struggling.

“I’m not insane, I’m not insane.” I mumbled over and over to myself. “Come back to me, it’s almost easy.”

“I can’t.” she said, looking down at the ground.

“I feel insane every single time, I'm asked to compromise. Cause I'm afraid, I'm stuck in my ways.”

“What are you saying?” Deanna asked, tears still falling down.

“It's hard to face, but the fact remains, this is nothing new. I let you down inside with suicidal memories. Selfish beneath the skin, but deep inside I'm not insane.”

“Stop it. Your scaring me.” she said. I gave her a harsh look.

“If I can’t have you, then I don’t think I should let anyone have you.” I laughed evilly.

“Please don’t hurt me, Shane. Your not like this. You can get better. I know you can.”

“So how long did I expect love to out weigh ignorance, Now that look on your face may force the scale to tip. I'm not insane, I'm not insane.” I mumbled. “Come back to me, it’s almost easy. Come back again, it’s almost easy.” I cried. She shook her head, and then I shook mine.

“Please.” she sighed.

“Now that I've lost you it kills me to say.” It’s hurts to say. “I try to hold on as you slowly slip away. I'm losing the fight. Treated you so wrong, now let me make it right.” I’m going to make it alright. “I'm not insane, I'm not insane.” I chuckled.
“I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane.” And with that, I took a knife from the kitchen and brought it to her throat. “I love you.” I whispered. “But you had this coming.” I laughed, and stab her throat, and dropped the knife and ran. “I love you. May your spirt rest in peace.” I yelled back to her strangling body. I fled. Fled far away, where no one could find me. I fell to the ground.

“ I can’t believe I just did that.” I said, putting my head in my bloody hands. I started crying, and heard police cars coming closer. I just laid there, hoping that I would just die.

My need for killing took over my life. “Sir, stand up and put your hands behind your back.” I opened my eyes and there they stood, guns in hand, ready to shoot at any given moment. “You have the right to remain silent, whatever you say can and will be used against you.” One spoke, and I got off the ground, put my hands behind my back and turned around, waiting for the cold, metal cuffs. I felt them, and knew what I was in for. I sighed and walked towards the back of the car and slid in, hands behind my back. I laid my head again the freezing window and watched as the scenery flashed before my eyes. And before I knew it. I was locked up forever.