I Wanna Say We're Getting Closer Every Day

Knight with popcorn in his hands.

I felt like dying, leaving my mother behind like this.
In moments like this I really, really wanted to be someone else.
__

Chapter 3;

I was a slow and careful driver when it was getting dark, I was so afraid of crashing into something or someone.
I really disliked driving in general.

I made my way towards Keshas house and parked near by. As I ran the bell I could hear her running over.
I had to smile.
“Mella, Mella, Mella! Guess what happened?!” she took a deep breath and without me saying something she went inside, going on with her talk.
“Blake just call, saying he’s sorry and stuff. Ow, he’s so cute!...” I trailed off and sat down at the couch, looking onto the TV.
MTV, as ever. I took the control and switched channels, Kesha still talking.

No, I’m not that Impolite or whatever. Kesha’s home is just like my own home. I’m friends with her since we were toddlers, I even call her mom ‘Mom’ because I’m more often here than at home.
My parents constantly keep fighting and it’s not like I’m a masochist, so I go here instead.
“Have you seen ‘Jennifer’s Body’ yet?” Kesha asked me.
It’s not like I’m not listening, I listen but not as intensive as normally.
“Nope,” I said, popping the ‘p’. “But I’ve listened All Time Low’s ‘Toxic Valentine’ quite a few times.” I added.
“Aww, I l o v e this song!” she shrieked.
“I know. No need to deafen me.” I laughed.

“When does the party start?” I asked, half an hour later. “Around 8.50, so we’ll be going there 9.15.” she had a serious look on her face. “We need to get ready!” were her sudden words, pulling me after her.
“You know, we still have 3 whole hours!” - “But I wanna look like perfection tonight, and you have to, too.”
“Why me?!” I asked, I was fine wearing my jeans and T-Shirt.
“Because. There. Will. Be. Lot’s. Of. Guys.”
I rolled my eyes, like ever, as she opened her wardrobe, pulling out the make-up-stuff and so on.
“Sit down,” she said. Why the hell did I say ‘yes’?

3 hours later; 9 O’clock;
Now, after three hours of total torture we were finally leaving the house.
Kesha looked awesome, and so I guessed, did I. I we were way to busy so I had no time looking into the mirror. As always.
Somehow she managed to take three hours for changing and doing make up, well for two persons, but I would never ever take one and a half hours for make up and cloths.

I got into her car and turned the radio on. “I’m not gonna drive back tonight,” I said as she got in. “I know, you’re going to be really drunken. I already know that game.”
I had to laugh, she knew me so well, she always cared for me.

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Till we see the sunlight
Tick tock, on the clock
But the party don't stop,


The music turned up and we began to drive towards the party. Within 10 minutes we had arrived. We could even hear the music on the outside.

“Keshaaaa,” a girl with blond hair suddenly screamed, tripping to out car. I got out.
She was drunk, everybody could see that, not even half an hour after the party started.
I pulled at my pink-leoparden-dress until it was in the right place.
Kesha was talking with that strange girl, so I decided I’d just go on in.
“Heya, sexy!” someone jock said as I entered the livingroom. “Heya lonely.” I answered and went on walking.
Everyone was dancing, having fun. It seemed so joyful this time.

The livingroom was a really big, bright room, but the lights were changed to disco-lights, all colourful and crazy.
“Wanna dance?” someone asked and I just kept walking into the kitchen, to get something to drink.
I had never seen so many people in one room before, even at other parties. There was no competition.
Such a lovely house, I thought while I made my way towards the crowd. The kitchen was empty, all bright green and modern.
Everything looked so expensive. Everything was so clean.
The kitchen-walls were colours light green and white, it matched the counter so well.
The chairs and the table were dark, wooden.

They looked comfortable so I sat down after grabbing some coke and pulled my knees onto my chest, hugging them with my arms.

Somehow it was quite in here, really quite. It was relaxing. I actually felt home, somehow.
I looked out of the window, seeing Kesha still talking to the prep that called her name. She didn’t look upset, she looked pleased. Normally she wouldn’t even look at these people, but somehow she as enjoying talking to her.
From where did she know her? Was she a close friend?
I had never seen her near, maybe she was new but what did I care.

Then I heard some footsteps behind me, but didn’t turn around to look who it was. They would go again anyway, since there was a party a room next to this.
I concentrated onto Kesha, she made her way into the house now, looking back to the car as if she thought I’d still be in there.
She was such a great friend, just the opposite of me.

In the room next to me a new song began to play. I couldn’t hear what it was, but I heard some voices. Again I listened and heard someone breathing behind me. I turned around. I twitched.
I hadn’t expected him to be so close.

He was standing right behind me, a smirk on his face. “What are you doing here?” he asked, looking at my legs, which here wrapped in my arms.
“I’m sitting, what else?! You just scared the hell out of me!” My bitchy voice appeared in this empty room.
Jace just grinned. “Why aren’t you over there?” he asked, pointing at the party area.
I shrugged. “I felt like having some time alone.”
“Looking at your… best friend, girlfriend, strange person or whatever.” he guessed.
I nodded.
“Which one?” I rolled my eyes again, he was so annoying.
That was why I hated to talk to guys, they were too curious.
“Girlfriend, what else?!”
He laughed. His laugh was to rough and deep, it was calming me down.

“Poor Blake, he’ll be heartbroken.” Jace smirked. His smirk was so evil, so evil.
“So?” I asked, playing innocent.
“Let’s get over there.” Jace grabbed my hand and pilled me along, without even asking.
“I don’t want to.” I said, feeling fooled.
“Come on! Especially ‘cause there’s a sign not to go into the kitchen.” He said casually.
“There isn’t!” I protested.
He pointed behind me, and I turned. “Stay out!” it said.

“I haven’t seen it…” I confessed. “No big deal,” he hadn’t let go of my hand so I followed him through the crowed to some kind of couch, where told me to sit down.
“I’m right back,” he said, getting a cup of whatever. It was no coke, that was clear.
I turned and suddenly someone sat next to me. He looked frightening, I was too chicken to go away, so I stayed there. He looked over, his black eyes meeting mine, and put his arm around me. “How do you like it far?” he asked me, grinning.

“It’s great…” I stuttered.
I looked over, sitting stiff and uncomfortable.
Somehow, he was frightening me. His hair was short and his cloths were worn out, but still he looked good. Only not as good as others.
“I’m gonna get something to drink,” I said and wanted get up but he pulled me onto his lap instead. “Let go!” I said as he held my wrists. It hurt.
“Come on, you want it, too!” his face came closer and I wanted to get away, but he wouldn’t let me.
Suddenly he let go, and I stood up as fast as I could. Then I saw Jace behind the couch, pulling his hair back so his ear was next to his mouth.
“Touch her again and I will personally make you suffer!” he whispered. I wasn’t supposed to heart it, but still I did.

The guy looked like he was about to die. “Anything.” He just said and go away. Jace instead jumped over the couch and sat down, petting the space next to him for me to sit down. I did, taking some popcorn he had just gotten himself.
“Are you okay?” he asked, his voice normal as ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Preview;
Image
Chapter four;
"I know that. But I just don't want you to get raped or something."
"Let's make this clear: I'm not that kind of guy!" Jace told her, his face as serious as it could be."I know my limit" I rolled my eyes.
Two drinks and few songs later I felt great.
I somehow felt a bit dizzy, ...