Dancing Queen

Life is a dance

"Tara get up right now and go to the store!" yelled my mom, waking me up.
I jumped out of bed and got ready. My mom was always sending me to the store when she was to drunk to go but never this early. I put on my skinny jeans and a v-neck and my converse then fixed my hair and make-up then headed out the door.
I walked to the store then went inside. I only had to get a few things so I just grabbed a shopping basket. I got everything on the list then paid and left the store. I walked back to the house and found my mom had gone to the local bar. I then decited to to to the park and just sit there a while. It was sorta cold when I got there so I turned on my Ipod and started to dance. The first song song that came on was slow. I had watched a couple of dance movies and started to dance ballet. I was dancing around when it started to rain. I continued to dance until I bumped into someone and fell down to the ground with a thud.
"Oh I'm sorry!" said the person, helping me up.
"It's ok." I said.
"Really are you ok?" asked a man.
"Yeah!" I replied.
"Come on let's go somewere dry." he said, taking my hand and leading me into a coffee place.
Once we were inside I saw a dripping wet guy standing beside me.
"My name's Garret." he said, holding out his hand.
"Tara." I replied, snaking his hand.
"What were you doing dancing outside in the rain?" he asked.
"I like to dance." I replied.
"Well your pretty good at it where do you take at?" he asked.
"Oh I don't." I replied.
"Oh." he said.
There was a long silence.
"Do you want come to my dance school with me?" he asked.
"You take dance?" I asked, suprised.
"Yeah come on." he said, taking my hand and we ran back out in the rain.
We ran for a couple of minutes until we came to a small building. He pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. He still had my hand so I followed him inside. It was very cold inside.
"Oh my God it is freezing." I said.
"Yeah sorry we keep it cold because you get hot when you dance." he replied "But if your cold you can have my jacket." he took his jacket off and put it around me.
"Thanks." I said, pulling it around me tighter.
He walked into a room and motioned for me to follow. I walked in the room and there was a huge wall mirror and a barr.
"You want a lesson?" he asked.
"What?" I asked, confused.
"A dance lesson you want me to give you one?" he asked.
"Sure." I replied.
He smiled then took off his shoes.
"Ok stand at the barr like this." he said, standing in first postion.
My feet wouldn't go like his and he saw I was having trouble. He came over and placed my feet like they were supposted to go.
"It is hard at first I know." he said.
I smiled.
"Ok now demi-pilie, demi, grande-pilie." he instructed me.
"Ok now second postion." he said.
We did all of the postions then he helped me with leaps. After about hours of dancing Garret stopped.
"Your a really good dancer." he said.
"Thanks so are you." I said. I started to get cold, considering I had taken off the jacket and shirt and was now only wearing a tank top and jeans, so I put the jacket back on. I looked at the
clock. It was now eleven o'clock.
"I have to get home." I said.
"Here let me drive you home my car is out back." Garret offered.
"Ok." I said, grabbing all my stuff.
We got inside his blue pick-up truck. He drove me to my house then let me get out.
"Hey Tara stop by the school anytime." he said as I got out.
I nodded then got out. When I walked inside the house my mom was waiting for me.
"Tara where were you at?" she yelled.
"Dancing." I said.
"No you weren't you liar!" she yelled.
"Yes I was." I cried.
"You were probably with a guy!" she yelled, she was drunk.
"Yes I was but we were dancing together." I said.
"You dirty liar!" she yelled, then hit me.
"Mom stop!" I yelled. Then hit me again.
She continued to beat me then suddenly stopped then walked out the door. Probably to go back to the bar. I sat there on the floor for a couple of minutes then someone knocked on the door. I sat there ignoring it until the door opened and Garret came inside.
"Tara did your mom do this to you?" he asked, comming to sit beside me.
I nodded then started to cry harder. He put his arm around me and hugged me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or I will delete!!!!!
If you don't know the dance postions please google them.
Comment=love and love=cookies