‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Shaun

The front hall was all decked out with maroon and gold, filled up with people and noise and celebration. Today they would get a new queen. Shaun would make it official; Eli would be his vampire queen, and more than just what she had been before. There were many whisperings about it, especially since Shaun was known to have bedded many women, but he had said he wanted no one but Eli and he meant it. If he hadn't meant it then he wouldn't have changed her. It was permanant; she was eternally his. She would forever be tied to him.

He waited for her, perched in his chair at the head of the hall. She was supposed to come out for the short ceremony in which Shaun would announce she was the queen that would rule at his side, just as Elizabeth belonged to Xander, and then they would eat and dance. Well, he would be sneaking with Eli back to his room for a little celebration of their own, but everyone else would be here, dancing and eating.

Jason sat with him, all decked out as he waited for his mother's approach. Eventually, Shaun was sure that the boy would grant himself a title as well. For now though, he got to be the prince and the only human member of the court. Reaching over, Shaun touched his son's shoulder. "See your momma yet?" He asked, glancing above the crowd. He could smell her, but he wasn't sure how close she was. She was lost in the scent of all the other people, but she was unmistakably there. He was read to get this show on the road.

"I see mommy!" Jason piped, pointing through the crowd. Shaun looked where the boy was pointing and sure enough, there was Eli. She looked breathtaking, a black dress to compliment her fiery hair, high heeled shoes that made her pale legs seem never ending. He just wanted the ceremony to be over so he could take her back to bed. He hated being all king-y and having to give speeches and try to sound important like he knew what he was talking about. The hardest part was leaving the expletives out of his sentences. He did like his four-letter words.

He held his hand out to her when she got close to him and the room fell silent, all eyes on the king and his new queen. As much as he didn't want to say anything, he knew that it was required of him. Being a king sucked sometimes. Clearing his throat, he looked out at everyone staring at him. "It is today that Xander, Elizabeth and I wish to announce there will be a new queen. Much like Elizabeth is to Xander, Eli will be my queen. As of tonight, it will be official." He found that to be enough, everybody understood what they were doing anyways, no need to drag it out. The crowd cheered when he fell silent and the party commenced immediately. His eyes fell to Eli with a wicked smirk. "Ready to celebrate, doll?"
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter for Queens of the Night, Woo!

Comment/subscribe?!