‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Shaun

It was incredibly rare that Shaun took a break from his duties to just relax...to have fun. To spend time with people and just enjoy himself, which was what he was doing right now. Even though it was only maybe twenty minutes under a dreary sky, he was still having fun bonding with his child. He knew that it would be interrupted soon-- something felt ominous. It was one of those things that had taken him a long time to understand, but once he had, it suck with him forever. Bad things could almost always be felt coming if you concentrated enough. Things preceded them, and if you paid attention to the world around you, you would always know when something awful was about to happen.

When Xander came down to the courtyard, he knew that the other man had information to share. Important information too, by the looks of it. "Jason, come here." He nodded, laying his hand atop his son's head as Xander made his way over. He furrowed his brow at the news the man brought. This must be something important to be said. His eyes fell down to Jason-- his son didn't need to hear this. The last thing he wanted was for his little boy to have nightmares. "Go back up to the room, Kiddo. Do me a favor and don't wake up your mom." He ordered. The boy nodded and scurried off without a word.

He rubbed the back of his head and looked to the Scot. "Alright. Whats going on? I can feel something, but I don't fuckin' know what it is. " He frowned, leaning against the wall as the other man spoke.

"Aye." Xander nodded, glancing towards the building. "There's a man-- calling himself the Ambassador that wants to speak tae us. He's waiting in the Second Antechamber."

Shaun frowned. Ambassador? He really wasn't sure who the man was. He didn't know of any Ambassador or person that they were supposed to know. But he supposed that maybe this was what felt so wrong. Maybe this was what was so fucked up around here. He gave Xander a curt nod and glanced in the direction of the Second Antechamber. "I guess we better go see what the fuck he wants then." he nodded.

He followed Xander's lead through the hallways to the Second Antechamber, in the rear of the building and shoved open the door. Time to deal with this shit the only way he knew how; head on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohlala. sorry for the short >>