‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Xander

The punch had given him a measure of satisfaction though he knew for a fact that Shaun was going to do a lot more than that to the man. What did upset him was the fact that he heard someone at the door. Xander whipped around and his jaw dropped. "Hell," he muttered. He gave a sharp look at Shaun. He hoped the other vampire didn't do anything to their "guest" while he was gone. He wanted a part of him too.

Xander moved across the room in the blink of an eye and caught up Elizabeth in his arms. "Lizzielass, ye shouldna be seeing this," Xander murmured taking her out of the room and closing the door behind him. "I need ye tae trust Shaun and I," he urged gently. "What we are doing is to protect you, Jason, and Elisha. Now let me take ye somewhere lassie. Anywhere."

Elizabeth lay limp in his arms. Xander sighed. He knew what she really wanted. And at the moment, he couldn't give it to her. "Elizabeth," he didn't snap, but his voice was stern. She murmured a place quietly. He knew she was upset and he would placate her later. At the moment, he couldn't. He had to protect her first and foremost. Her injured feelings could be dealt with later. Her safety came first and she didn't need to be exposed to this kind of thing.

Xander was kind enough to walk her. He knew well that she needed the contact from him. And he couldn't truly begrudge her that. Especially not after what had just happened. Xander slid into the room in question and sat her down on a couch. He cradled her cheek in his hand. "Lizzielass, ye ken that I care fer ye. That's why I don't want ye down there or near that man, aye? But right now, I want yet to distract yerself lassie. I promise ye that I'll make it up tae ye tonight." Xander brushed his hand along the back of her neck and kissed her forehead before pulling away.

He stood up and walked away closing the door behind him. His eyes were hard and set as he moved quickly through the halls. Those he passed move quickly to the side. They didn't want to cross him when he was in this mood. They knew better. He slammed the door open and stared from Shaun to the other bastard. "So Shaun....have ye left any for me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, two different sides of Xander >.> (And how many Xander chapters in a row now!)