‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Shaun

Xander leaving to attend to Elizabeth left him alone with the fucker, and that meant that there was no way in hell he was going to let the bastard escape without a few bruises. He started off with what he would deem 'gentle'. An elbow to the face to knock him to the floor and a few well placed kicks to his ribs and sternum. The man was pretty bruised and bloody, but Shaun didn't feel the least bit of remorse. He stood over the man, laying his boot atop his sternum. "You're lucky I don't just kill you now, you fucker. But Xander's gonna make you wish that I had. You're gonna be one sorry son of a bitch," he growled.

He knew that Xander was going to make this bastard sorry. That was just the way he was. Shaun wasn't clear on the details-- but he did know that it was something involving Elizabeth and that was absolutely sure to cause some trouble for the man in front of him. the whole time he had known Xander, he had never seen him viciously defend anyone the way that he viciously defended Elizabeth. Obviously the girl meant a lot to him, and anyone with any sense would know that messing with her meant there would be hell to pay. That didn't stop him from teasing Liz, but he would never hurt her; he had come to feel protective over her as well.

He kicked the man again in the ribs as her heard the door open, his head turning to see Xander in the doorway. "Yeah, I didn't do much damage-- left that to you."

His eyes slid to the man on the floor who had pulled himself up to spit blood out onto the floor. Perhaps Shaun's kicks to the ribs had been a little hard, but he still didn't feel a lick of guilt, even as the man was spewing red. As far as he was concerned, his punishment was justly deserved.

There was no doubt that the blood was making him hungry though. He felt the stir deep in his belly as his fangs came out from where they had been tucked. His eyes fixed on the blood spatter and his tongue flicked out over his fangs. "I'm going to....go find Eli." He grunted. He didn't want to be here, so tempted. He had things that he needed to do, one of which was feeding. "I'll leave you to handle this fucker," he said, and with that he left Xander to deal with the other man as he pleased.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. Next chapter I do will be lengthier.