‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Eli

Eli sighed and ran a hand through her red hair as she listened to the excessive amounts of gossip that was flying around her. She hated being around the ladies in waiting. She knew that it was her job since she had been made Shaun's queen but that didn't mean that she had to enjoy it. Especially since every bitch that she had to deal with hated her. And they hated poor Elizabeth too. She didn't know why. After all, Elizabeth was sweet. Though that might have been why they hated her. Knowing the bitches that roamed the courts throwing themselves at Shaun, Xander and their their confidants. Or the men that they thought were their confidants. They made her sick.

They always had.

A mousy little servant girl named Deborah appeared at Eli's shoulder looking around a little frantically obviously not wanting to be among the hoard of bitches. "M-Queen Eli, King Shaun is looking for you."

Deborah was trying to be quiet, but it didn't help. the unfortunate fact about the bitches who were the ladies of court was the fact that they were all vampires. No matter how quiet little Deborah tried to be, at least one of them was always going to hear her. Especially when it came to something to do with one of the two queens.

"Why would Shaun want that little tart? We all know that the only reason he chose her was because he had to turn her. He's too good for her." Melina snorted. The petite blonde had said the same thing many times in the past when it came to Elizabeth.

"I dare you to say that to Shaun. Or maybe you want to tell Xander your opinion of Elizabeth and see how he takes it." Eli was furious. She didn't care if the blood-sucking models insulted her, but they needed to come up with new material and thinking back to what Elizabeth had gone through (in part from what she herself had done) she couldn't allow that. While the pale bimbos stood around in obvious abhorrence of what Eli had suggested, she turned and swept out of the room with Deborah following close behind and ran almost straight into Shaun. "Why do I smell blood on you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
One) Eli deserves a chapter after all this time!

Two) To set the record straight, Eli is not asinine. She's young and she's had a complicated life.

And I'm not trying to be on a rant, I'm trying to set straight a record that offended me a while back and kept me from my baby! DX