‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Shaun

Shaun had been off in his own little world for a moment-- deep in thought, not really paying attention, so it caught him by surprise when Eli walked straight into his chest, demanding to know why she smelled blood on him. He shifted from foot to foot, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's nothing, not a big deal. Some fuckwad got the shit beaten out of him." He sighed and rubbed his hand over his face, draping his arm over her shoulders. "I'll tell you when we have a little bit more privacy." He said, pointedly glaring over at the Ladies of the Court. God, how many of them had he slept with before Eli? Five or six, probably. They were annoying as hell and snobby to boot, but not bad for a roll in the hay. Nothing serious. He knew a lot of them weren't such big fans of Eli, or Elizabeth for that matter. He wondered if Xander knew-- probably not, he'd be furious if he knew the way they talked about Lizzie.

He pulled Eli in close to him and pressed his lips to her forehead for a second, guiding her away from the ladies and their gossip for a moment. "Is something going on? They giving you a hard time?" He questioned, brushing her hair back from her face tenderly. He was honestly just sick of their gossip-- they didn't do anything useful to him so why was there even a point in having them around? If they were upsetting his girl, he was going to be pissed the fuck off. He'd never mentioned it to them before but he was far from afraid of confrontation and he would kick ass if he needed to. Well. Not literally since they were all women. But whatever

He sighed heavily and wrapped his arms around her, drawing her in close to his chest. "Come get something to eat with me, alright? I need to talk to you about some shit, just not where anyone can hear us. I'm not really sure what the fuck is going on right now but I can tell you that shit's gonna go down and it ain't gonna be pretty."

The idea that Shaun was with Eli for any reason other than that he loved her was absolutely absurd. He wasn't the kind of man to do things because he felt obligated-- he did what he wanted to do when he wanted to do it and that was just it. He turned Eli because he loved her, that was why he had chosen her, why he had a child with her. They needed to realize that. Besides, Eli was much stronger, much smarter and even just nicer to be around than any of the ladies of the court. They were one night stands, nothing that stuck out in his mind and nothing that was any kind of big deal. No, Eli was his and that was that and he didn't see it changing ever.

"Let's go, I'll tell you everything when we get there."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a long wait!