‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Senga

She had looked over these files several times and there wasn't something right. It was bothering her. Everything seemed in order, but she knew that it wasn't. She bit her lip, ignoring the sting as one of her fangs cut through the thin flesh of her lower lip. She wasn't going to give up until she could figure out what it was that had her attention. It was one of her duties to notice such things. Alright, so not when it came to paperwork, but it was the same principle.

Senga stood up and started to pace the length of the small room like a caged animal. Something wasn't right. She knew it. She could taste it (and she wasn't referring tot he blood that had begun to drain into her mouth from herlip either). She ignored a knock on her door as her mind carefully reviewed every pen stroke in the documents. The most minute detail was sometimes the most revealing after all.

The Black Magi was supposed to be a vampire who had traded his soul (or whatever vampires had to sell) to the deviltobe able to have ultimate power. While Senga didn't believe that part of the story, she did believe him to be a skilled spy. The question was, why was his name mentioned three times in these transmissions and why in the manner it was?

A knock came at the door again and Senga didn't actually hear it this time. She had walked back over to her desk, back to the door and was reading the documents upside as if that might help her decipher something useful. She didn't hear the door open or the steps cross the room. She didn't even heard the thing coming down on her head.

"Senga!" she heard someone call her name. A familiar voice. "She's coming around, get-Shaun no!" She realized the voice was Ajax's only a moment before she was yanked out of her arms.

"Where are they?" Senga blinked furiously several times. Shaun's face was contorted into a mask of fury and she had no clue why.

She looked around at the group behind him and found no help there. "What are you talk-"

"Don't you dare fucking lie to me!" Shaun yelled throwing Senga into one of the walls. Senga hit the wall hard and dropped from the indent she made looking up with wide horrified eyes first at Shaun and then at Ajax who couldn't seem to look at her. "Now, you are going to tell me where the hell they are or I swear I am going to snap your goddamn neck."

Senga's eyes went wider if possible and shot back to Shaun. "I honestly don't know-"

A fist collided with the side of her face. Her head snapped the side. If she had been human, the punch might have killed her. She was very glad in that moment that she was a vampire. Shaun grabbed a fistful of her hair and forced her to look him in the eye. "I'm trying to be patient with you, but I'm not fucking around anymore. Where are Elizabeth and Jason?"

Senga's face drained in color and she realized what she had been missing. "Oh God! Oh God!" She breathed panicking. "I-I know! I know! That ambassador! It wasn't Spencer! It was the Black Magi."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever, but I didn't know what to do and then I hads an idea! And we hope you like it!