‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Elizabeth

The whole ceremony had been very pleasant. She had stayed at Xander's side the whole while, watched Eli walk up and listened to the speech Shaun gave. It reminded her a little of when she had been made officially a queen. She had never been so afraid in her entire life. Being a queen entailed responsibility. She was sure Eli was ready to handle it. Eli always seemed so confident and strong, she could take on anything. Sometimes Elizabeth was just a little bit jealous.

Jason scrambled to her side, climbing up into her lap as the feast portion of the night began. Eli and Shaun were no where in sight, and she was sure anybody who knew Shaun knew exactly where they were and what they were doing. Jason laid his little head against her chest. "Auntie Lizzie-beth, Daddy told me to stay with you 'till he and momma got back," He said, smiling sweetly at her. Elizabeth adored the little boy. When Shaun and Eli and Xander were all busy doing things that were uninteresting to her, she would play with Jason for hours, hide and go seek and other games. She nodded, perching him on her knees so that he could reach the table and eat.

Rubbing the boy's back, she looked over at Xander, watching him for a second or two. He had been quite silent the whole time Shaun made his speech, and even now that Shaun and Eli had disappeared into Shaun's bedroom. She wasn't as naive as she once was, not only did she know what went on behind closed doors, sometimes she accidentally heard it when she was walking up to bed.

The girl stifled a yawn, looking down at her empty plate. Of course, she didn't eat regular food, nor did over half the people here. Some of them were half-vamp and human, which was why there was such a large quantity of food. For those that were full vampire, bottles of blood that looked suspiciously like wine were lined up on the table. Elizabeth wasn't thirsty though. Mainly she was just tired. It had been a busy day, and she always had tired easily.

Jason ate, happy as can be, and Elizabeth just held him in her lap, her hand wandering to wrap around Xander's fingers. She would stay up for the celebration; then she was more than happy to crawl in bed next to Xander and sleep wrapped up in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jason is cute.

comment/sub?!