‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Eli

She woke up in Shaun's arms. That hadn't been what she had expected at all. Alright, she had really hoped that it would happen, but she knew Shaun. He had the tendency to slip out of bed at random times of night for various reasons. Sometimes he explained those reasons and other times, he decided that no one but he needed to know what they were. The fact that he was still in bed was a pretty big treat. Eli closed her eyes and snuggled closer to Shaun, enjoying the sound of his soft groan as he rear rubbed against his crotch. "Fuck," Shaun growled softly in her ear grabbing her hips and holding her still. "Don't Eli," he warned.

It was tempting to push him to see how far she could make him go, but she decided to be nice. She was still tired herself. Eli closed her eyes, letting her mind drift back to sleep and dreams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eli, please," he begged softly.

She laughed. "How much do you want it? How much do you want me?"

He groaned. "God woman, I fucking need you so bad it hurts," his arms began to wrap around her, pulling down down so he could kiss her. She didn't fight to the kiss like she once had. She yearned for it, needing it more than anything she could imagine. "Me. Inside of you. Now."

"No more teasing me Shaun," she ordered. The only woman who dared order a king. Even as a lowly human and whore, he had chosen her. She wasn't going to let that go to waste. Not for any reason. Especially not when it felt so good when he was inside of her. Not when it felt like she needed him more than life. Damn, but she was going soft. She should have cared about that fact. She couldn't bring herself to.

Jack was never going to forgive her.

He could go to hell.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eli came to from the dream slowly, groggily. It had been the night that she had officially given herself completely to Shaun all those years ago. It had also been the night that Jason was conceived. She knew that for a fact though she doubted Shaun would ever realize it. She rolled over and huffed softly in annoyance. Shaun had left the bastard. She would get him for that later.

Eli slid out of bed and began making herself "ready". She had a feeling that at some point, someone was going to come telling her Shaun wanted her down in the throne room. After all, she was a queen now. It was her right and her duty to be down there at Shaun's side. The knock came a little sooner than she expected, but she was ready for it. Eli took a deep breath, smoothing the rich burgundy clothe that made up her dress before she followed the knight down and through the back way into the throne room where she managed to slip into her seat, unnoticed by all but Shaun. He always seemed to know when she was around, even though he didn't take his eyes off the man who stood addressing him and Xander.

She watched Shaun for a moment in silence before her eyes turned and her heart dropped into her toes. Her first day as queen and already things looked to be off to a bad start. The ambassador, still droning on, was none other than Jack himself.

The only other man besides Shaun who had ever touched her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long my darlings! Real life was having its issues including the weather (nasty stuff!)

Comments? Subscriptions? Both?!