‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Shaun

If there was one thing Shaun hated the most, it was having to get out of bed in the morning. Leaving Eli and all the warm blankets was just the worst, especially when he knew she would be waking up and reaching for him to find the bed empty. Still though, there were things that needed to be attended to, kingly matters that couldn't wait until later in the day, no matter how much he would have loved to lay in bed and then have another round of celebratory sex.

Still though, he managed to drag him self away from the warmth and Eli's sleeping form to get dressed and wander out into the throne room, taking up his position on the chair. Xander was already seated beside him, and Elizabeth at his side. The girl looked like she hadn't gotten any sleep, either. Dark circles under her eyes gave her away, even though he could tell she had been trying to cover them up with make up. She was much too pallid for that.

"Long night, kid?" He asked, and smirked when her cheeks flushed a dark red. She looked to Xander, her cheeks going another shade darker before she just averted her eyes altogether, giving no answer to his question. He wasn't really sure what was going on between Xander, whether he actually had sex with the young girl or what, but he had his suspicious, epecially when Elizabeth's face went hot red when he even made a suggestive comment.

Satisfied, he sat back in his chair and took up a lazy, better-places-to-be stance. He really just didn't give a shit, to be quite honest. It was boring, and most of this was useless crap anyways. People who didn't know what they were talkingg about or liked to complain about things that weren't really important. Still, it was something that was required of him and he would do it, whether he really liked it or not.

People filtered through and he listened to them drone on, trying to at least pretend to be interested. He could see Elizabeth out of the corner of his eye, looking like she was going to fall asleep where she was and the thought made him want to laugh. He hadn't noticed Eli come up beside him until the man in front of him paused halfway through his speech with a rather surprised look on his face. When he followed the man's gaze to see what had him so surprised, he looked to his side and saw Eli standing there. Reaching out, he touched his Queen's thigh with a little grin. The expression on her face made him frown, look back at the man. What the fuck was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
JEALOUSY?!