‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Eli

"Eli...what happened to you?" the look on Jack's face was a look that was obviously torn between disgust and concern.

It made her sick.

"I'm fine Jack," she said trying to assure him. "See, it's me. Same old Eli. I haven't changed." She reached out for him and he pulled away as if she were dirty or poisonous. It hurt to see him do that. She was only seventeen. Jack was the only thing that she had left.

"No you're not Elisha. You're one of them now aren't you? You're one of their whores. How many of them have touched you? How many have you screamed for?" Jack demanded, his once handsome face contorted in rage.

The feeling of devastation that crushed her heart at that moment was almost too much. "How could you say that Jack? Why? Why are you being so cruel?" She demanded. "None of them touched me. They don't want me. And I don't want them. Save me please," she begged.

Jack's lips twisted into a sneer. "Why don't you save yourself. You're in the castle of the vampire kings. Why don't you kill one of them Eli or both. Then come back to me. Prove that you're even worth me time." She was silent, her head bowed in shame as tears rolled silently down her cheeks. "That's what I thought," he spat turning away.

"Wait!" Eli called. "I-I'll do it..."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That had been then, this was now. Eli wasn't seventeen anymore. She wasn't weak or human anymore either. And she certainly wasn't fool enough to think that she would ever love Jack Spencer again. Jack was staring at Shaun's hand on her thigh, his expression a mixture of fury and possessiveness. A dangerous look if Shaun happened to notice it. Eli leaned over to Shaun. "I just want you to remember I love you," she whispered before standing up again and casting a disdainful look at Jack before moving behind the thrones and to Elizabeth.

She leaned down and smiled at the little blonde vampire who she was actually growing rather fond of. "C'mon Lizzie. Let's get something to eat while the boys finish up their business," she suggested with a friendly smile. She could feel Jack, Xander, and Senga staring at her. Shaun probably was too wondering what the hell was going on. There was no way in hell she was going to tell him. Not about her history with Jack or any of it. That was the past. Shaun didn't need to know that she had thought to kill him once. Of course, she had actually thought to kill him twice since she had met him, but that was besides the point. She didn't want that now and that was all that mattered.

She turned and left the throne room with Elizabeth, not even noticing the signal that Xander gave to Senga. The Scottish vampire was curious and when such things happened, he didn't rest until he had his answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? BOTH?!