‹ Prequel: Kings of War

Queens of the Night

Elizabeth

The little exchange between Eli, Shaun and the man standing before them hadn`t escaped her. No, she was an observant girl and she had seen what was going on even if she didn't really get it. Something wasn't quite right, and Eli wanted out of it. She could tel by the little look she got that she would have explaining to do later. She went anyways, nodding in agreement to Eli's statement. Her presence here wasn't necessary anyways. It was more of a formality than anything.

She touched her hand to Xander's shoulder briefly and then followed Eli away, leaving the throne room. She was so curious, but she wasn't sure if now was a good time to ask questions. She could tell that something wasn't quite right, but did she want to ask Eli? Would Eli answer her if she did?

She moved along, her feet making muted sounds on the tile. It was why she was wearing ballet slippers-- it made it so much easier for her to sneak around if she so chose to do it unheard. SOmetimes she just wanted to walk around without an escort, without people knowing where she was every single day. It was tiring to be supervised all the time, especially when she just wanted to be alone without guards following her. She could always just stay in the bedroom she shared with Xander...but still. Sometimes a girl just needed some privacy.

She followed Eli off to the main halls, padding along behind the older woman. She was still tired, so tired. She hadn't gotten much sleep last night; shaun's assumptions had been correct, and maybe that was why she had flushed such a dark shade of red. She had been in the bathtub with Xander. It had become nearly ritual now, especially when he had had a hard day or been away for a long time. She enjoyed it. The nerves had all been washed away now, and she didn't feel quite so nervous or afraid or ashamed of her body. She didn't try to cover herself or hide from him.

A little bit in her own world, she snapped out of it at the scent of blood. Pulling out a pre-packaged unit, she looked over at her older companion. "What's going on, Eli? Do you know that man?" She asked her, sitting down at one of the long, heavy tables.
♠ ♠ ♠
liz haz a curiosity.
sub/comment?!