Status: active

The End Is Here

One: The Change

"Shoot me again you son of a bitch!" I screamed out into the woods, but I heard nothing in return. No other gun shot, no foot steps, no animals, nothing. I began to shake... I didn't want to die, but I also didn't want to go back.

"Hello Olivia," A dark voice spoke. I looked up and saw an elegant man who looked in his late twenties standing there. He was nearly a shadow in his black suit, black tie, and black shoes. He even had black hair and eyes. I was only able to see him because the moon was shining brightly in the sky.

"Who are you?" I asked attempting to sound stern, sure of my self. But when I spoke I sounded like I should; like a person near death.

"I have many names but none of them matter. Do you wish to live?" He asked.

"Yes, but I..."

"Don't want to go back to that place. I know. I can make you live but you only have to promise me something," He offered.

"You can make me live? How," I was amazed, yet didn't believe him.

"You'll soon find out. All you have to do is promise me you'll do whatever I say and have complete loyalty to me."

"What?! For what?"

He sighed, "When the time comes."

"Tell me now! I'm not doing anything crazy!" I yelled.

"It's nothing crazy. Don't you want to live safely.. and free?"

I hesitantly answered. "Okay, I'll do it." He pulled a knife out of his sleeve and put a hand over my mouth. Next he began carving into my skin with the knife. He cut his arm next and let the blood drip over my open wounds. After, he touched me and I passed out.
***

I woke up in a dimly lit room. There was a huge fire place and the blazing flames were moving really fast; just looking at it made me sweat. To my left was a pit with long spikes sticking up, to my right was the man who I made a deal with. Walking out from behind me was the man who tried killing me. I clenched my fist about to punch him but the man who saved me grabbed my fist mid air.

"None of that Olivia- Darius is going to help you."

I looked over at him in disgust. He tried killing me!

"What do you mean 'help' me?" I pressed.

"You swore loyalty to me. This is questioning me," The man snapped.

"I just want to know. And who are you? That's all I want to know I swear."

"I am the ruler of this world. And he is going to help you with the tasks I want from you," He said.

"Ruler of this world?"

"You'll soon see. Now be quiet," He said with an odd kind of force.

I felt more questions bubble up in my throat but my lips felt as if they were sealed shut and I couldn't say anymore. Looking at Darius his lips looked firmly closed as if he was unable to even open his mouth the slightest either. The man began pacing the room.

"Now that I have both of your attention I want to explain things. First, since I will be seeing you often you'll need to address me. You will call me master each time. Nothing else. Second, right now you feel normal aside from your inability to speak. That is part of your obedience to me. You will soon get used to it. Like I said you feel normal- you will not feel this way for long. Your body will change and so will your soul. You will no longer be human." He stopped pacing and walked out of the light of the fire place so I could no longer see him. He came back with a book.

"When you leave here you will read this book. It will explain what you are. You'll read it together. After your first task done for me a number will appear on the back of your neck. Do not let anyone but me and each other see it. I'll see you soon," He barked and Darius and I appeared back in the woods with a book in our hands.

"Well let's start reading this book," Darius suggested.

"No way I'm reading with you!"

"We have to!" He protested.

"You tried killing me," I spat in his face.

"I... I had to," He looked somber.

"Whatever. Just because we're working together doesn't mean I'll like you. If you're about to die I'm not saving you. Let's find a place to stay or something first," I ordered, feeling a change in me.

He stood there staring as I walked away. It took him a second to follow me. We stopped searching for the village Derek, Kenny, and I were supposed to escape to. It rose a fierce anger in me that made me hate Darius even more.

He stopped a girl about my age walking by and asked if there were any hotels in the village.
"Yes, it's right there," She turned around and pointed behind her, the direction we were going.

"Thank you," I said and walked in the direction she pointed. We walked in and ordered a room with two beds. I sat on one bed and pushed Darius when he tried sitting on the same one as me. He got up and walked over to the other bed.

"I'm going it read it out loud," I said and cleared my throat opening the book.

"You are now a Kelvicus. You are no longer a human being but something much more dangerous. You can instantly take a life and make it your own but there are rules to doing so. You can only take a life if I tell you to or:

1.) If they find out what you are
2.) They hurt you
3.) They are suspicious of you.
4.) You are weak or dying.

If someone finds out what you are you must kill them. If you take enough lives you will become strong enough to erase peoples' memories along with other useful things. You will find out soon enough.

If you disobey me you will be killed by another Kelvicus." I looked up from the book. Darius looked confused and slightly scared.

"What are we supposed to do? Just sit here now?" He asked.

"I... I don't know," I said then began to scream. My eyes began to burn and my neck felt as if my skin was being carved. A moment later Darius cried out in pain to.

"Look at the back of my neck!" I yelled trying to hold in the pain. He turned me around and looked for a second.

"The number... Like He said. Yours says 001. Mine must be 002," He explained. I walked behind him and looked. His did say 002. I nodded my head telling him he was right. I looked into his eyes and gasped.

"Your eyes..."

"What? What about them?" He asked.

"They're black! The darkest I've ever seen!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"They are?" He stumbled over to the other side of the room, still in pain, to look into a mirror.

"Yours must be to... no yours are blood red." I walked over to the mirror also and stared. How would people NOT be suspicious of us!? Neither of our eyes are a normal color. Just then our Master appeared.

"You read the book; good. Hopefully it explained everything. Right now there are only two of you but soon there will be more. You'll come across each other. Since you are the first two I will send them to you for some things," He paused to confirm that we were listening. We both nodded and he continued.

"There is a reason I picked you two and I'll tell you later. But right now there is a man in town named David-" I cut him off.

"He lives in a red house," I interrupted. My master raised his hand as if to hit me but then lowered it.

"How did you know that?"

"My friend Derek planned our escape and told me and Kenny to meet him in this town," I instantly explained to him as if he made me.

"Why?"

"I don't know. He died," I sent Darius a death glare and he fell to the floor.

"What- what are you doing to me?!" He choked.

"Nothing! I don't think so anyway," I stopped glaring at him.

"Impressive. You shouldn't be able to do anything like that yet..." Master trailed off then spoke again, "Try to figure out how your friend knew David. Also you need to kill him. And never interrupt me again. I'll let you get away with it this time because you are not used to this yet. But if you ever do it again you'll regret it," He said and vanished into thin air.

"You're crying," Darius pointed out. It was strange because I didn't feel anything and yet a tear was rolling down my cheek. It was black.

"Let's just go look for David. Follow my lead."

***
It wasn't hard finding his house; it was the only red one in town. Instinctively I crouched low and snuck around to the back of the house. Darius looked confused as to what I was doing but followed my lead anyway. I opened a window and climbed in.

"Are you going to kill him or am I?" I asked. He just looked at the wall.

I exasperatedly sighed, "Fine I'll do it."

"No, no. I'll do it." He gave in. I hid a smile.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?" David, I assumed, called out into the darkness of the room. He squinted his eyes and seeing nothing turned out of the room. I grabbed him from behind and pulled him back in.

"Darius, find a light switch," I ordered. He did so and the room lit up.

"Who are you?!" David questioned.

"Be quiet. Don't ask questions," I said with a force and he did shut up.

"How do you know Derek?" I asked and he spilled.

"I knew him before he was taken into the work camp, he was my best friend. Once I met him while he was working in the woods, out of sight to everyone else. I told him I would hide him notes in his work section and help him escape."

"Did you two know anything no one else may not know? Something having to do with something having to do with a change in the world?"

"Yes. Something dark is coming soon. It may have already come. We were going to fight against it. He said he was going to have his two close friends from the camp help also. He said they were strong." I flinched. He wanted me to help and I'm doing the exact opposite.

"What were you going to do about it?" I pushed away the feelings and asked more questions. Darius was looking at me as if he were searching for something.

"We were going to fight against it. First burn the camp; the evil starts there. Then we were going to go after Satans beings," He rambled.

Satan? I exchanged a look with my equally surprised partner. Kill him, I mouthed.

Darius walked in front of David and jumped in surprise as David screamed nearly popping our ear drums.

"You're one of them! You're evil! Get away, out get out!" He squirmed in my grasp. He turned his head over and looked at me.

"You to! Wait... you were Derek's friend... what happened?"

"Kill him now!" I snapped at Darius, ignoring his question.

"I can't! I don't know how," He lowered his head.

I whipped David over so he was facing me. I put my palm on his forehead then forced him to open his mouth. With my palm still on his forehead I breathed in through my nose with my mouth closed and my eyes shut. I stopped when I heard a thump.

"How did you know how to do that?" He breathed.

"I don't know. I just did."

"Like when you nearly made me choke.."

"You purposely tried killing me!" I shot back at him.

"Good job Olivia. Now you know why I wanted him dead," Master whispered in my ear. I felt surprise but unlike Darius I didn't jump. I didn't answer, just listened.

"I was watching you. Keep it up and you'll be rewarded. As for you," He turned to Darius, "You better hope you start improving soon or you'll be replaced." Master said, dropping a paper in my hand then left.
♠ ♠ ♠
My birthday is in 22 minutes. Give me feedback as a present<3