Status: Hiatus

Or What You Will

The Schaller Center

The Schaller Center was a large towering mass. On the inside, I could see the sky; with a ceiling made of glass one could almost graze the clouds. The sun was starting to set over the dusky pink horizon.

“Henrietta, come toward center stage please.” I looked toward my mentor.

Kevin Reynolds had worked in the business for twelve years. We had worked together for about four years now.

“Yeah, Kevin, I’m sorry.”

He brushed his dark brown locks back, and pushed up his thin frames. “It’s fine, Henrie. Just come to the front.”

I walked to the front and sat on the edge of the stage. Kevin brought everyone in.
A circle of shadows closed around me. One towering figure stood above all the rest, smirking down at me. “Henrie. Like a guy, right?” I smiled at this.

Kevin whistled to get everyone’s attention. “Okay, everyone. I hope your vacation was relaxing. To open this season, I give you the Twelfth Night!”

We all clapped and whistled. “Alright, alright. Let me present to you our Viola, the lovely Henrietta.”

I stood up and flexed my non-existent muscles as everyone clapped. Kevin called down the list.

“Duke Orsino. Everyone let us please welcome Adam.”Everyone clapped.

“Okay, Adam, welcome. Everyone, I could say that we brought Adam in so he could draw in interest, and that he can’t act at all. This would be a lie. Adam, what we do here is introduce ourselves and tell the group one truth. I’ll go first. I’m Kevin, and I like to go skinny dipping in the winter.” The group busted into laughter.

“Freya? Your next.” We went around the circle.

My friend Mathieu chuckled. “I’m Mathieu, and I would say my favorite weapon is a rubber sword.”

I smiled and he shoved me. “Okay, okay; I’m Henrie, and I don’t have a tan.”

Everyone laughed while Kevin rolled his eyes.

Adam had his eyes on me. “I’m Adam, and I have a crush on Henrie.” My face heated up. The group awwed at us and Taylor patted Adam on the back. His eyes still bore into me. I felt it, but kept my head down.

“Alright everyone; calm down. Thank you for that, Adam. I can tell this season is going to be an interesting one. Everyone, back to work.”

We worked for a full six hours before departing from the center. I checked my watch. It was about nine at night. I walked toward the corner. Adam was not far behind.