Foreverland

A song for your heart

"I don't know, i never really got her number or where she lives" I told mick. I hung my head down, in stupidity. But as soon as the Ferris wheel stopped she ran like her feet were burning.

"Well just your luck, she's right there" said, Mick. His pointed her out. I could quickly tell her out. She was the only one there with burning red hair. She was wearing a tight green dress that stopped right above her knees, with white plumps. Her white gloves were covering her mouth as she laughed. Her back was turned to me but i could easily imagine her frozen blue eyes shine. Her hair was put up today, and she was not alone. There were about three other girls. I looked back at my friends, i was walking to work so i had a shabby faded blue button down shirt un tucked, and brown slacks. I ran towards her anyway. I quickly kicked up some speed, and i stood right in front of her. Blocking her way.

"Hello...remember me" I asked her. Her face was appalled, her eyes still blue but now transformed into daggers. I heavily swallowed.

"Uh excuse me" she said. Her voice was uneasy but her eyes unequivocal. Her friends scanned me up and down. Guessing from my attire of a dirty tank top, my faded flannel shirt tied around my waist, and my pants stained with more then on dirt stain.

"Actually i think that I've seen him before" I heard a high tight voice asserted, she obviously hadn't but. I think i need all the help i could get. i saw a girl with dark brunette hair, her skin was pale and her lips naturally pink. "That wanted poster seems oddly close to his appearance" She finished. I just looked down. You could easily tell that was very aggressive. A sharp figure of uneasiness began to take hold, i could feel my face scorching. I would of noticed that they curved a way around me, if my i wasn't in my bewildered state i could've stopped them.

I slowly looked from the ground to the group ladies, they were still walking. I could still see her sparkling red hair from here. I was ready to turn around when a small bright reflection
dazzled and nearly blinded me. I kneeled down, my finger slowly brushed a solid object.
I entrapped it with my fingers, i slowly brought it up. A locket, golden. I glanced up, a shadow of a person probing my attention.

"Sorry that's mine" I heard a voice say. I looked up, it was her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I saw his eyes look up, hopeful. I quickly smile but banished it away. I slowly walked forward, every step was like morose code punching holes in my heart. I slowly let my hands take the sacred object from his hands.

"Thank you" I told him. His lips now smiled.

"We never went on that date....you know" He said. I laughed. I darted my eyes down, i could tell that i was blushing. And i never blushed.

"Anna Rose" I heard crowds of voices call. I looked behind my shoulder.

"I'm sorry...i have to go" I muttered. I ran to my friends. Leaving him there by himself. But it-it was the right thing to do, he couldn't afford me and i knew that. It wasn't fair but that's just the way life works.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sorry man..." Mick said. I felt the lightness of touches on my shoulder. "Guess it was just not meant to be" Mick continued. I smiled. It was meant to be, just not as easy as i thought.

"Yeah....maybe" I replied. I walked towards the mining site.

"I mean she's pretty and all...but she's a snob just like the rest of 'em" May said. She properly sitting on a rock while we shoveled until our shift was done.

"Why don't you hang out with your friends" I said sharply. I plunged my shovel even deeper into the rock.

"Well i would be if mama had given me permission to go the point, but she said no" May said. I could tell by her low undertone that i had embarrassed her."Mick was suppose to watch me but hes on a date with Tina...you volunteered." I then understood. I put a halt on my meaningless shoveling.

"Oh God, May I'm sorry" I told her. She looked up smiling, i think she would be smiling even if she was crying. I smiled in return. I walked towards her kneeling before her.

"And i don't blame your mother either, she's a smart woman she knows what goes on at the point" I told her. Speaking of the woman who has been a real mother to me. And for what is going on at the point i wouldn't blame her either

"If you say so, Noah" was all she said. Her tone to sweet, and honest to serve the right purpose."May..." i said in a questioning tone.

"Donnie brought me there" She confessed. She looked away from me. A couple of minutes passed. And i took matters in my own hands.

"May did he make you do something you didn't want to do" I asked, my voice was dark and serious. May regained a hold of reality and turned to me.

"God, Noah i am a girl but I'm not helpless" she said. She sounded sure and sophisticated.

"Ok good" And i knew that the conversation was over.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Mother I'm home" I called out. Laying my purse on the small table close to the door.

"Dear" my mother replied with a very mischievous look on her face.

"Mom" I said one more time, before a man stepped from behind my mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in love with May, i was definitley sure of exploring her n the story.