Melted Crayons In A Skillet

What am i going to do?

“Please stop yelling I said I was sorry Teresa.” He pleaded me.

“No Tom I won’t stop yelling if you were here an hour ago when I told you to be and picked up the kids then I wouldn’t be yelling!” I leaned down to pick up Sara’s doll she left laying on the floor before I took her to day care center. Tom had no clue how I felt about him not showing up for the kids he was there father after all I just ask a few things of him and he doesn’t care, but yet always says he’s sorry.

“Ok do you want me to pick them up take them out for ice cream then bring them home?” He asked looking at me weirdly.

I stood up straight facing him I looked him straight in his blue eyes then at what he was wearing he had on jean pants and a jean jacket that had a surfer t-shirt under it what was I thinking in college when I had sex with him he wasn’t father material he was still like a college guy now he didn’t want or like responsibilities. But should I deprive my kids the fun he was asking if he should do? I looked back to his face, “Look Tom I’m going to say yes, but only because the kids will enjoy it and have fun and they need there father, but I’m still mad at you so don’t think that having fun with them later has anything to do with what where doing here now.”

Tom sighed and took a few steps toward me, “Teresa why do you have to do this? I never understood why you left me, but please just give me a chance to show you that I’ve grown up that I’m doing what I can.”

I backed up a few spaces, “Tom you had that chance this morning you were suppose to be here at 7:30 a.m. to pick up Sara and Jake and you didn’t show up you didn’t call nothing you just show up at 1:00 p.m. and expect everything’s ok well everything’s not ok so just go pick up the kids take them for ice cream and bring them home then get out and leave.”

“Teresa I’m sorry.” Tom said in a shallow low voice barely even hearable.

I turned around, “You said that already Tom we can talk more when you drop the kids off, but you need to go I don’t want you picking them up late.” I walked into the kitchen and heard the living room door open and shut Tom was finally gone.

About an hour later I could here the kids burst into the front door laughing and screaming with joy I could hear Tom laughing himself and making playful growl sounds as I walked into the living room I saw Sara laying on the floor on her back laughing and giggling as Tom had her shirt up blowing on her belly and tickling her to death Jake sat on the couch laughing at his sister and father thinking it was hilarious, “Mommy!” Sara shouted Tom picked Sara up laying her flat on her feet once those little toes of hers touched the hard floor she flew into my arms and gave me a big hug Jake slid off the couch and did the same as his feet touched the floor I held both in my arms Tom looking down at me kind of glum knowing that we had to talk and he’d have to leave again.

“Mommy me and Sara made necklaces in school today.” Jake said pulling a necklace of noodles on a string out of his pocket I smiled wide at him he was so cute every mothers dream he called the day care center school because he didn’t know it wasn’t really school.

“It’s beautiful baby.” I said kissing him on the forehead and running my hand over his head of hair it was soft from the baby oil I’d put in it this morning, “But why don’t you and your sister run in the kitchen and sit at the table I made you guys sandwiches and your coloring books are already in there with the crayons.

“Ok mommy.” Sara said first I let her and Jake go I gave them both a playful smack on the but to say get going kids and they both walked into the kitchen together slowly.

I stood and stared at Tom, “Well Tom what did you want to talk to me?”

I stood silent and still for a moment then he started, “Will you take me back?”

“No.” I said bluntly.

He looked at me pleadingly, “Please Teresa let me back I’ve grown I swear to you I have.”

“Tom.” I said.

“Please.” He whispered that’s when I smelled it a burning smell mixed with crayons I turned fast and head for the kitchen door, “Where are you going!?” He yelled after me I wasn’t stopping to answer, but I was sure he was following me as I moved.

I stepped into the kitchen to see Sara standing beside a skillet on the stove she had turned the stove on and was putting crayons in it Jake was holding the crayon box handing them to her I rushed over to her moving Jake to the side and pulling Sara away from the lit stove I sat her down on the feet keeping my hand on her arm to keep her in place I flipped the stove switch off then looked at her, “Sara baby what were you thinking?”

She smiled, “Look at the beautiful colors mommy I made a rainbow.” I knew she didn’t understand my worry and I didn’t want to be mean and hard on her, but I had to be so she would learn and know not to do it again.

“Now you listen to me Sara and you listen to me good you will never come near or turn the stove on again. You hear me?”

“No I don’t hear you I’ll do it again if I want its beautiful.” I had notice she didn’t like the way I was talking to her, but she had no right to mouth me or say something sarcastic so I gave her what she was asking for I turned her around and smacked her a good crack on the butt she cried and said I hate you as she stomped out of the kitchen.

I turned to look at Jake he held out the crown box, “I’m sorry mommy.” I couldn’t stop from laughing he sounded just like his daddy did, “Please forgive me I’ll do as you say.” He whispered looking down at his spider man shoes.

I took the box of crayons setting them on the table then grabbed both his little hands pulling him to me I gave him a big hug and whispered in his ear, “Awww baby mommy forgives you why don’t you go play with your game boy in your room it’s on your bed.”

He pulled away fast and his face turned red with happiness I let his go and he turned running out the kitchen door and I’m sure down the hall to his room I stood up straight and grabbed the skillet and spatula I turned to the trash can holding the skillet over it as I started scraping the crayon out of it, “Mhmm.” I heard Tom whimper in my ear right behind me he was closer than I thought to me I felt him wrap his arms around my waist his arms were warm around me he kissed me lightly on my neck then nibbled my ear a little I turned to face him he stared into my brown eyes, “Please.” He whispered once more and just that moment I saw the change and decision in his eyes he was ready to be a real father and take responsibilities.

“I forgive you and I take you back.” Before I could go on Tom pulled me to him his arms had a strong grip around my waist his mouth found mine and they worked together perfectly his breath sweet his lips so soft and lushes I couldn’t even think straight anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
= ) Hope you enjoy the story ;- )