Status: :) please read intro and tell us what you think.

Innocent Beyond Belief

Chapter 5

"Come on!" Natalia says gruffly, jerking me off the floor where I'd sat for the past two hours. I stumble from the brute force of the pull and stretch a little.

"Where are we going?" I ask tentatively.

"Yard, we get our time." She says walking back through the vault like doors. We're met by a guard who has a buzzing nightstick.

"Hey Natalia, can I ask you something?" I ask thinking about why the let the extremely dangerous have roommates.

"No, but I'm sure you will anyways." She answers.

"Why do they put the really dangerous ones in the same rooms?" I ask, I probably sounded like a small curious child but I really want to know.

"Isn't it obvious?" She asks.

"If it were obvious I wouldn't have asked." I say sarcasm dripping from every word. She stops and turns to stare at me. I look at her wild green eyes and instantly feel fear. The pit of my stomach tightens and my adrenaline kicks up as does my heartbeat.

"Don't. Sass. Me." She says putting emphasize on each word. I try to speak but can't form words and swallow air instead. She turns back around and I cough a few times before I can ask again.

"So why do they put the really dangerous together?" I say trying to be sweet and maybe a little innocent.

"They want all women dead right? So put two and two together, you seem smart. You'll figure it out." She says stopping behind the guard as he opens the outside doors. We walk into a completely concrete area. The walls the ground everything is concrete, nothing but a couple doors to one side. I wonder why they call it a yard.

"So what your saying is that the more dangerous grouped together, then more fights, then less people they have to kill because it's more likely we'll kill each other before it's time for our deaths right?" I ask in a whisper glancing at the guard who'd let us out.

"Yea, that's pretty much it." She says picking up a weight and lifting it a few times. She decides it's too light and switches to a heavier one. She nods at something behind me and I turn to see what it was. I see another large woman and she's walking towards both of us. I gulp involuntarily and turn to leave.

"Stay right there." Natalia grumbles still lifting the weights. I nod and stand as still as possible.

"Whose the new girl?" The woman who is almost as manly as Natalia ask in a rough voice.

"This here is Kirsten, she's my new cellmate." Natalia says nodding at me. I smile weakly and start to move again.

"I don't like the look of her." The new woman says.

"Too bad, she's cool so you'd better start to like the look of her." Natalia says switching the weight to the other hand and start her reps for that one. "Kirsten this is Jenelle. She's a bitch."

"H-hi." I whisper relieved my voice worked.

"Whatever." Jenelle says leaving us and walking back across the 'yard' towards a group of women who'd started a game of basketball.

I might have rough time here, it seems as if just my look alone will piss people off. I might be one of those girls that dies before scheduled. That really scares me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? ;D