Were all mad here.

Stranger in the maze

The sky was black and full of thousands of stars, twinkling with their brilliant radiance. Alice stared at the sky, feeling quite small. She spun in a slow circle. She had no idea which way to go. Left? Maybe right? Or straight? She used the most logical method known to man.

“Any many miny moe!” Her finger landed on the path to her left. She slowly walked through the mouth of the path, the ceiling of thick ivy swallowing her. Her steps were muffled by thick green grass that tickled her ankles. She clutched her jacket tighter as the cold wind blew whipped her long hair. Shadows danced on the walls around her threatening to grab her with their long jagged claws.

She continued her trek through the tunnel until she came to another fork in the road. Using her amazing logic again, she walked down the left path. The moon above was her only source of light; it illuminated everything, bleaching it white. She was in a clearing now, perfectly round. It was filled with a few large trees and a small pond. She stopped short when she saw something black. The contrast in the white had startled her. She could not see his face from the long black hair that fell to his shoulders. His hair was so dark it seemed to be a part of his long black cape. He was huddled over something. He froze as she stepped on a twig. In a flash he was gone, moving behind a great tree. His movements were faster than a mortal, Alice was sure of this. She assumed what he was, the evidence lay a few feet a way. A large buck was sprawled in the thick grass, its mouth open in a silent scream. Its neck was covered in torn flesh and blood, which now dripped, staining the grass crimson. Surprisingly Alice was not frightened. She slowly walked until she could see his outline leaning against the tree.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

He wiped his lips on the sleeve of his cloak and stepped into the light. His skin was pale and perfect, just like any other vampires. The long hair that had hidden his face was now swung to one side, showing his electric blue eyes. He was tall and lean; his tight black v-neck showed he was far from weak. Under his cloak he wore black skinny jeans and converses.

“No, your fine. I wasn’t very hungry anyway.” He wiped his mouth again and lowered his head in a sign of shyness.

“You’re Nathaniel Night, The vampire prince.” It was a statement more than a question. “I heard someone say you would be at the party. So what are you doing here?”

“Oh, I’m not one for parties. I thought I’d come out here and explore.” He paused for a moment. “What are you doing out here?”

“Ah, I kind of got a little lost.” Alice said embarrassingly.

He grinned, flashing a set of perfectly white fangs. “It would be my pleasure to escort you back to the party, if you would like. Or we could keep exploring. I’m sure there is a lot of maze left over.” As he said this he jestered to the maze around them.
“Well I’m positive of that. I have never been to the end.”

“You have been here before? Who are you, may I ask?”

“I’m Alice Heart, daughter of the Queen of Hearts.” She said with a little sarcasm. She grew tired of introducing herself like this.

His eyes grew wide in surprise, but just as fast went back to calm and blue. “I didn’t realize-“

“Calm yourself. I don’t mind. After all I’m the one who should be bowing right?”

Again he smiled. “Do you want to go back to the party of not?”

“Actually I’d rather keep exploring. I still have to find my cat, Diana.”

“Well then lead the way, Ms. Alison.” He chuckled as he said this. Alice paid no attention; she simply walked back into the maze without a backwards glance. Nathaniel followed, the smirk still on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like, hoping I introduced nathan well. Comment?