All Those Oceanic Vistas Are So Devine

Some Good Things Come Out Of Tragedy

'You Would Not Believe Your Eyes' -Fireflies by Owl City

I saw nurses and doctors running past me. I glanced over, and it looked like they were running into my siblings room. I jumped up off the floor and ran down the hallway. I glanced into the room the doctors had run into. It wasn't there's. My heart felt like it had fell from the top the the empire state building. I suddenly started to cry again and walked back into my siblings room. They were room 545.

I took a seat next to Gabe. I gently took his hand in mine and started to pray. I don't often pray but, I did. I must have sat there for 30 minutes praying to god, praying to my parents, praying for my siblings. I felt movement on my right hand but, I knew it was just my imagination. Until I felt it again, and again. Then the heart monitor next to me picked up. The beeping became faster, I glanced over at Gabe and saw his eyes start to open. 'Oh my..' I quickly ran out into the hallway and found a nurse, telling her the news, she paged Dr. Monroe and he came rushing in. Gabe was waking up.

I was asked to leave the room, I did so and just sat on a bench outside of the room with a smile on my face. Gabe was back. My little brother was alive. Until a thought hit me. Jasey wasn't up yet. I quietly sat there, waiting for the doctor to come out, and when he did, I knew something was up. 'Ms. Sanders?' 'Yes?' 'It seems that Gabe is up for good, however...' 'However what?' 'He seems to have some sort of memory loss.' 'Meaning?' 'He doesn't remember anything that happened dealing with the accident.' 'You mean he thinks?...' 'Yes, he thinks your parents are still alive.'

It hit me like a rock. Gabe can't remember the accident, he thinks mom and dad are still alive. This isn't going to be good. 'Ms. Sanders?' 'Yes?' 'You can go in and see him now.' 'Thank you.' I walked back into his room and sat next to him. 'Hi Gabe.' 'Hi Paigey, what are you doing here? Where's momma at?' Just the look on his face, he looked scared and lost, how was I going to tell him.

'I came to visit you bubba. Can't a big sister come visit her baby brother?' With a smile on his face he said, 'I'm not a baby anymore Paigey. Duhh' I chuckled a little knowing he hadn't't changed one bit. This accident did nothing to him, except make him forget. 'Where's momma though Paigey?'

Here goes nothing...
'Well bubba, I have some bad new for you. Momma & Poppa, well they went to heaven.' 'Well why would they do that? Me, you, & Jasey are still here silly.' 'Buddy, remember when you guys went to go visit mema, and grandpa?' He nodded his head. 'Well on your way home some person hit your car, and it crashed into a ditch.' 'Ohhhh, dad's gonna be mad if something happened to the car.' I chuckled a bit knowing he was right, if dad was alive he would be furious.

'Buddy, mom and dad didn't't make it but, you a Jasey got hurt really bad. That's why we're in the hospital.' I looked over at him and saw he had tears in his eyes. I leaned over and just let him cry on my shoulder. 'Where's Jasey, Paigey?' "She hasn't't woken up yet buddy. But, we have to keep praying ok? Then God will help her wake up.' He just continued to cry and nodded his head.

"Paigey, I wanna go home." 'I know Gabe, and I will do everything in my power to get you there as soon as I can.' 'Thanks Paigey.' He slowly started to close his eyes. 'I love you Paigey.' 'I love you too Gabe.' I kissed his forehead, walked over to Jasey and did the same to her. 'Love you Jasey baby.'

I walked out into the hallway and went to the desk asking to speak with Dr. Monroe about a release date for Gabe. 'As soon as we run some more tests and he'll have to stay for another day just so we can observe him.' 'Thank you Dr. Monroe. I want to get him home as soon as possible.' 'You go ahead and head home for the night and we'll be sure to call if anything changes.' 'No. No I think I want to stay in there with them.' 'Very well, have a nice night Ms. Sanders.' 'Thank you, and you too sir.'

I walked back into their room and sat down in the chair, I scooted it over to Jasey. I held her hand and prayed. As I was about to fall asleep I mumbled I love you Jasey, and I swear I heard, 'I ube you too aigey.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, well I'm sure someone is thinking wtf? to the last line of my chapter. But, it's only written like that to sound like a 3 year old. Comments?