This One Girl I Knew

Perfect

I woke up the next morning and Evee was still asleep, spooned in my arms. She was perfect, she was mine. I lied there just watching her for a while until she woke up.
"Hey Tre." She said as she kissed my lips gently. "What time is it?"
"Nine." I say glancing at my watch, "You don't have to leave, do you?"
"My mother usually comes to wake me up around ten on Saturdays, so I have another hour with you." she said as she shifted her weight in my arms. We lay there for a while until she got up and got dressed. Soon after I got up and got dressed too, so I could walk her home.

I walked with her up the road, my hand around her waist the whole time. I left her off at the gate and headed back to my neighborhood. When I got to my neighborhood I headed to the ditch to see if Kain or Lawrence were passed out there.
"Kain!" I said jumping into the ditch.
"Tre, what the fuck, I was sleeping." He muttered as he moved to sit up.
"Sorry." I lied.
"So I saw you and Evee walk back last night, did you sleep with her?" he asked mid-yawn, "Sorry, I should restate that because you've technically already slept with her. Did you fuck her?"
"Yeah." I said quietly. "But 'fuck' is such a negative word, what we had was bee-u-tee-full."
"Of course it was kid." He said laughing.
"So what happened with you and Sarah?" I asked trying to change the subject.
"Uhh. She was acting all stuck-up then I bought her a beer and she was manageable." He says shrugging.
"You didn't." I said worriedly.
"Don't worry, I didn't do anything that would jeopardize you and Evee's fucking around." He said in mockery, "Just kissed her and got her number."
"You kissed her?" I asked quizzically.
"Yeah man, you can't expect me to drag a girl like that around a Clash concert with me and expect absolutely nothing to happen."
"Are you going to call her?"
"Meh, I guess." Kain said as he stood up and stretched.
"Whatever dude." I said as I slumped down into the ditch.

I wanted to re-live that night with Evee over and over again. I was angry that the only way I could see her was after school and her mother was there every day. Nothing happened between Sarah and Kain because Sarah was slightly ashamed to be seen with him when she's with her richy friends.

A week or so after The Clash concert I sat on my front porch chucking rocks at the man hole in the middle of the street. A familiar silhouette walked up the road towards me.
"Evee!" I call out into the night.
"Tre! I'm so happy you're still awake."
"It's only ten o'clock."
"Doesn't matter." She said as she jostled up to me. She was wearing a beautiful green dress with a darker green floral pattern.
"Why are you so dressed up?"
"My father's throwing one of those crappy dinner parties for his co-workers; I thought I'd sneak out."
"Won't they realize you're missing?"
"Not lightly." She muttered as she wrapped her arms around me.
"You look gorgeous." I mumbled.
"Thanks, can we go inside now, I'm kind of cold."
"Okay."

As I saw her I wanted more than anything to hold her, I just watched her walk ahead of me. So beautiful, so perfect. She walked up the stairs into my room; I followed behind her, hoping for the best. As I entered the room I closed the door and she turned around quickly and wrapped her arms around me, kissing my lips generously. I place one hand on the small of her back and the other I placed the other on the back of her neck. She moved her hands under my shirt and pulled it over my head.
"I missed you." she mumbled. I undid the back of her dress and she pulled it off, so delicately.
"I want to keep you here forever." I whispered as we collapsed on my bed.