Romance

Chapter Five

The tension that built on the walls was overwhelming and taut. The air was a sick and cold, it hurt to ingest it. The soundtrack to the previous day had been total silence, and now it was the off-rhythm sound of fingers drumming on paper, the popping of cheap bubblegum and guitar strings being picked and tuned to perfection. With all honestly, I didn’t know which one I despised more. I sighed softly, my chest filled with mucus and my heart beat with pathetic ambiance.

We all knew that we had to do this - for ourselves, for the fans. We couldn’t just play some show then disappear under a rock for the rest of our lives. The past five years had both humbled us and made us fucking egomaniacs at the same time; yet we still had a few strands of humanity left in our veins to let us know that we couldn’t disband without at least one hell of a farewell. However, none of us wanted to do it. We were sick of the bus, sick of the driver, sick of each other, and we all knew it.

Ray cursed from the cheap folding chair nestled in our makeshift, moving kitchen, and Frank chuckled to himself and chucked his gum into the trash bin. Someone turned on the television; a loud, crude cartoon jumped out from the screen. I grimaced to myself as the show continued. No one spoke a real word to another. No one cared enough to.

After a while, my eyelids sealed themselves together, and I slept.
And that’s when my mind went to shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little snippet.