Sequel: Dove and Grenade

The Natives

Eleven

I sat in the passenger seat, feeling Matt glaring daggers at the back of my head. I knew he felt like a total retard after believing I'd actually have sex with him, but he was also pissed I'd made him look like stupid in front of Meredith. She'd probably tell Dillon, and he'd probably give Matt shit for it.

Jordan drove us to Olive Garden, his suggestion and no one else's. We'd probably have to watch how much he ate so he didn't throw it all up. I wouldn't mind bossing Jordy around, and he wouldn't care either if he was drunk.

I turned to Matt and said, "Matty, when are you gonna give it up? You know you're not mad at me."

"Maybe I am still mad at you," Matt grumbled.

"Don't lie, Matthew," Jordan commanded, chuckling a bit.

"I'm not lying," Matt protested.

I smiled at him and petted his curly hair. He tried not to smile to, but he couldn't stand being wrong. Just like a man.

We pulled into Olive Garden, sure there weren't any people left. As it turns out, there was a waiting list, and there was no room to sit down. I hopped on Jordan's back, earning a few looks from the people around us. As if the tattoos and obvious eastsider clothes weren't enough. Matt pulled up his hood, and we went to stand outside.

"I'm hungry," Jordan complained.

"Jordan, shut up," Matt said. "We know you're hungry."

"I know you know," Jordan replied. "I'm just saying." He looked up at me, and I rested my chin on the top of his head. I felt him give my legs a squeeze, and I squealed.

Matt shook his head, and I felt him slide his hands around my waist and pull me from Jordan's back. I smiled as he carried me like a child, but Jordan was not as happy. He put his middle fingers through the belt loops on my pants and pulled on me. I grasped around Matt's neck tighter and giggled.

"Jordan, what are you doing?" I said.

"I wanna hold you now," Jordan chuckled.

"Back off, ass monkey," Matt said. "It's my turn."

They spent awhile, pulling back and forth on me, until our names were called. Then, Jordan practically ran to the table they'd cleared for us. Matt set me down and followed Jordan.

"Matt," I said.

He turned back to me and said, "Yeah?"

"I didn't mean to make you feel like an idiot," I said, digging my toe into the concrete.

"I brought it on myself," Matt replied. "I made myself look stupid."

"I'm still sorry."

"Don't be. Let's just go eat."

I watched him walk away, and I caught myself wanting him to come back. Why? I was just going to follow him back to the table. And it wasn't like he was mine.

I shook myself from my thoughts and went back to where Jordan was already hitting on our waitress. I apologized to her, hoping she wouldn't take him too seriously. When she walked away, I turned to Jordan.

"You're paying tonight," I said.

"What? Why? Make Matt do it!" Jordan said.

"You're the one hitting on the waitress. You tip her good and she might let you come home."

Jordan opened his mouth to say something, but closed it, smirking to himself. Matt rolled his eyes and took a breadstick from the basket.

"You are such a tool," he mumbled.
----------------------------------------
There was no telling how I ended up in bed between Matt and Jordan in the morning. We were all still fully-clothed, mind you, but it was weird as fuck. Matt held me around the hips, breathing gently against my back. Jordan was snoring against my chest, and I groaned.

I heard my door open, and I was also greeted by a fit of laughter from Aron.

"Shit, Kara, they haven't left yet?" he chuckled.

"Fuck you," I snapped.

I pryed myself from their grasp, and I chased after Aron as he toppled down the stairs. I pinned him down like we were kids wrestling again, and I glared at him.

"Dumbass," I said. "What the hell?"

"You fell asleep in the car, and they were carrying you in," Aron laughed. "Neither one would let go of you, so they took you upstairs and fell asleep."

I sighed and stood up. Of course. I looked up to see George standing there, his eyes as wide as plates.

"I don't even wanna know what's up with the Erlichman kids incest," he said.

"It's not incest," I said, hugging him. "It would have been murder if you hadn't been here."

"You're welcome," George said to Aron.

Aron shrugged. "I coulda taken her."

"Clearly," I snorted. "You had it so well-handled."
♠ ♠ ♠
Lmao that's one of those "How'd I get here?" moments. Ever had one of those?

Comment! Me loves them!