Sequel: Dove and Grenade

The Natives

Twenty-Five

The celebratory dinner was spent at Rivera in downtown LA. Matt and I rode with Aron to meet Dillon and Meredith at the restaurant. Jordan and George were going to get Jorel and would meet us there as soon as they could. I was just glad to be going out to dinner with all the guys again.

Matt leaned over and kissed my cheek, and I reached to kiss him back when Aron stopped me.

"No touching," Aron commanded.

"Who said you're in charge?" I replied.

"My car," said Aron. "My rules. Matt, touch her and you're dead."

I shrugged and pulled myself up on top of Matt. I put my hands on his face and brought my lips down to his. He tensed up, then relaxed into me, but he never removed his hands from the armrest.

"Hey!" Aron snapped. "Hey! What did I just say?"

I looked back at Aron and grinned. "He isn't touching me. Just like you said."

Aron said nothing. He turned back to face the road and continued driving. I leaned over to Matt's ear.

"See how this works?" I whispered. "Gotta find loopholes in his words."

Matt chuckled deeply, and I melted a bit. I felt Matt move one of his hands up the back of my thigh, and I shivered. His lips trailed down my jawline to my neck. I let out an small gasp, trying to hide it from Aron. He had noticed, though, as I figured he would.

"Good god," he complained. "Get a room. And stop makin' babies in the back of my car."

I leaned up to the front of the car and smiled at Aron. He didn't look at me, though.

"Turn on the radio, then, bro," I said. "Nobody said we were makin' babies...yet."

Aron pretended to gag, and Matt laughed, pulling me back to him. Aron took my suggestion and turned the radio on- quite loud, at that. Matt ran a finger across my collarbone, beginning to trace the bones above my chest. His touch left tiny little pinpricks along my skin, and I wanted more.

He could tell. He took his hand ran it up my leg again, and his other hand moved to the back of my neck. I bit my lip and grinned. He smiled back at me, his lips meeting mine. If the car hadn't slammed to a stop in the parking lot, I'm sure it would have gone further.

"Dammit, Aron!" I snapped.

Aron shrugged and said, "Oops. We're here."

I sighed and got out of the car. George stood outside smoking and talking to Jorel. Dillon and Meredith's car was already here, and I figured them to be inside with Jordan. George waved me over, and I grinned. I rushed over and took the cigarette from George. I didn't normally smoke, but I put the light in between my lips and took a long drag. I gave it back to George, who was thoroughly stunned. I turned to Aron and blew the smoke in his face.

"Bitch," he coughed.

"Slut," I replied with a smile.

I turned to Jorel. He shook his head with a laugh and pulled me in for a hug.

"Hey, Kare-bear," Jorel chuckled. "Heard about you and Kurly."

I blushed as Matt took my hand, and Jorel let go of me. He looked at my hand, wrapped up in bandages. He shook his head and let out a small laugh.

"You are some piece of work, Kara," he said.

I rolled my eyes and went into the restaurant to find Meredith. She and Dillon were sitting at the table across from Jordan, and I slid into the chair next to him. He smiled and put an arm around the back of the chair.

"Miss Kara, I- whoa, you pick up smokin'?" Jordan said, pulling away from me.

"Just for about three seconds, Jordy," I said. "Nothing to worry about."

"Hoo...better not be," Jordan said. "You stink like George."

"Wouldn't be the first time, right?" I said.

I elbowed him in the side and gave him a small wink, and he drew back away from me. I chuckled and picked up my water glass.

"You've been hanging around us for far too long, m'dear," Jordan said.

"Not my fault y'all kept comin' around to my house," I said. "I found my own friend and look where she's at."

I nodded across the table where Dillon and Meredith were cuddled up together, whispering in each other's ears. Meredith would giggle occasionally, and Dillon would give her hand a slight squeeze.

Jordan nodded and said, "You're right. This is all Aron's fault for making friends with all of us. Damn him for having such charming ways."

"If you can call drinking every night and waking up with a new girl every morning charming," I snorted.

Jordan thought a minute and said, "Yup. He's charming."

"God, Jordan, you are such a freak," I said.

"Wouldn't be the first time, right?" he replied.

He elbowed me in the side and gave me a little wink. I instantly regretted putting those thoughts back in his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what's really sad is that I have other stories to attend to, but this is the one I keep updating...oh, well. I'm sure you don't mind, right? I hope you've been enjoying these last few days!

Comment? 5 chapters left! :D