Sequel: Dove and Grenade

The Natives

Twenty-Six

I opened my eyes slowly, allowing a small amount of light to flow through my eyelids. When I was awake enough to think, I felt an arm around my waist. I looked down, seeing the familiar tattoos, and I smiled.

I was wearing Matt's Nine Inch Nails shirt, too big for me, but it felt nice against the bare skin underneath. I put a hand over his, and I felt him shift. He inhaled deeply, and I shivered as he breathed against my neck.

We'd come home after dinner last night, inseparable, ignoring everyone else as we made our way up the stairs. I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I needed more every time he stopped touching me. I had never felt like this before, but I was sure this is the kind of thing people search their whole lives for.

I felt Matt put his chin on my shoulder, and I smiled, looking over at him.

"Morning," he said.

"I trust you slept well?" I asked.

"Better than ever," replied Matt. "And yourself?"

"I couldn't be better," I giggled.

I turned over to face him, and the first thing I noticed was he was shirtless. I almost couldn't look away, but he kissed me and distracted me. He brushed a lock of hair away from my cheek, and his touch sent a shock through my face. I put a hand on his neck, smiling.

"Last night was...amazing," he said.

"I know," I agreed. "I haven't been like that in awhile."

I ran my fingers through his hair, and he smiled. He brought his lips to mine again, lightly, letting them hover barely above mine for a second and leaving me in suspense. I tried to lean up to him to break the suspense, but he kept moving away. He chuckled deeply, but I was growing more anxious.

Finally, I crawled up on top of him and held his hands down. He grinned up at me.

"I love when you play dirty, Kara," he said.

"Shut up," I said, pressing my lips to his.

I released my grip a little, and he took the advantage he'd been given to roll over and be on top of me instead. My hands were around his shoulders, bringing him closer; one of his hands was in the small of my back, and the other was under my leg, bringing me closer to him.

There was a loud knock on the door, and Matt's head fell to my chest. I sighed and let go of him.

"What?" I snapped.

"Send Matt out when he doesn't have a raging hard-on," came Aron's reply.

Matt looked down at himself and shrugged. I rolled my eyes, and I sat up, shoving him off. He turned over and lay on his back, and I stood up from the bed. He stopped me, though, grabbing my hand. I turned back to him.

"I love you," he said.

I smiled and lay back beside him. "I love you too," I replied.

He kissed my cheek, and his finger traced my jawline. I reached up, lacing my fingers through his, and he propped himself up on one elbow.

"Think I should go see what your brother wants?" he asked.

"I know what he wants," I sighed, staring up at the ceiling. "He wants you to keep your dick out of me."

"A little late for that, isn't it?" laughed Matt.

I fought back a reaction, and I ended up just punching him lightly in the shoulder. He still smiled, though, as he stood up. He had his hand on the doorknob when I pulled the shirt off and tossed it to him. He looked back at me just as I had recovered myself.

"Don't make me come back over there," he warned.

I raised an eyebrow and smiled, but he winked and left. I reached down and felt for my clothes. Once I had found them, I dressed and got out of bed. I reached for my phone and saw I had a text from Meredith.

Wedding's on for this Saturday! :)

Saturday? This Saturday? Was she insane? I shrugged anyway. I guess it was her wedding, not mine. If it made her happy, then I'd be right there with her.

I crossed the room to the door, and I left my room. I could hear Aron and Matt talking when I got downstairs to the kitchen, but I didn't want to listen. I didn't care if they were talking about me, honestly, because I knew how it would go down. Brother vs boyfriend.

I poured myself a bowl of cereal, flipping through a magazine as I ate. After a minute or two, a figure next to me jumped up to sit on the counter. I looked over and saw Jordan grinning at me. He wiggled his eyebrows, and I shoved him.

"Bitch, what was that for?" he said, regaining his balance.

"It's for exactly what you think it was for," I replied.

"Don't even pretend you're mad at me, Kara," Jordan laughed. "You'd never be mad at anyone after a night like that."

"Jordan!" I hissed. "How did you-"

"I stayed over last night," said Jordan. "Georgey deemed me too drunk to drive, so I crashed on the couch. Trust me, I heard stuff though. Which is, I'm sure, what Aron is yelling at him for in the next room."

"Aron can fuck off," I snapped.

"Ouch," Jordan said. "What's your problem?"

"Look, I love Matt," I said. "I really do. Everyone is just making this so fucking hard for us."

"If by everyone you mean Aron, then yeah," Jordan said. "The rest of us are stoked you guys finally got your heads out of your asses and saw the light."

I sighed and said, "What's his problem?"

"He's your brother," Jordan replied. "It's his job to be an ass. He's just trying to protect you."

"He's being overprotective," I said.

"You want me to say something to him?" Jordan asked. "I can if you want me to."

I put my arms around Jordan's shoulders and smiled. "Thanks, Jordy," I said.

He patted my head, and I chuckled. I couldn't be mad for long around Jordan. Nobody could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Long time, no see, huh? Well, good news for you- I'm in a Hollywood Undead mood! Anyone else?

Anyway, comments are loved! I've missed you all!