Dark Beauty

Julian and Desari

"I blame you," I growled. It was a little past sunset on Monday evening. Andreas and I were cuddling together in McGee and I was just overcoming the "discomfort" of being separated from him most of the day.

"It is true that the blame falls on me," Andreas admitted. He was smiling. I could have shot him. The experience of being separated from your lifemate is worse than combined cramps and nausea on your period, besides the fact that I had just started my period and combined cramps and nausea is what I get that first day. Andreas deserved death…if only I could get over the fact that I was falling in love with the stupid man.

"Andreas," I said sweetly. "If you want to live to go to sleep at dawn, I suggest that you don't say another word. Mood swings and lifemate separation do not mix. That and, like I said, it's your fault. That's reason enough to shoot your kneecaps out."

"Your lifemate is very violent old friend," a man said. I hadn't heard him enter McGee. That shouldn't of surprised me. I knew who he was. This was Julian. The legendary. One of the only blond males in existence. And it had to be Julian and not Aidan because the woman at his side had dark hair. That had to be Desari. Any other day, I might have been excited by this.

"You would be too if you were female and at this time of month," I growled at him.

The look on Julian's face was revolted. It made me start to giggle uncontrollably. "You should not tease him, he cannot seem to over come it well," Desari said putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"He should keep his thoughts to himself," I retorted with a shrug. She was beautiful. Her voice was magical. She was Desari, more than anything I had imagined and my future cousin-in-law apparently. I pouted as I realized how envious I was. She was beyond beautiful. Darn those Carpathian women!

You really should quiet your thoughts little lifemate. You are shouting again, Andreas sent the thoughts gently.

Exceptions for this kind of thing should be allowed. I have every right to be out of whack right now. I can't help it, I whined in his head.

Andreas chuckled earning him a hard smack on the arm.

"Is your mate always like this Andreas?" Julian asked raising an imperious eyebrow earning him a death glare.

"Civility means nothing to Carpathian males, does it?" I snarled through clenched teeth. A cramp was plaguing my mid-section as I contorted my body to find a comfortable position.

"They are not all so bad young one. They can just be infuriating sometime," Desari explained with a shrug.

"Too true," I grumbled. I twisted again trying to make the cramp that had just come back disappear again. Why aren't you blocking the pain Andreas?

I cannot seem to take this pain from you meine Seele. I have tried. This pain seems to escape me. I wish I could take this pain from you, his voice was apologetic and a little worried as well. Periods were obviously a mystery to him.

"Is there anything I can do to ease your discomfort?" Desari asked in her musical voice.

"No, no, I'll be okay tomorrow…physically."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andreas, tell me what you know, Julian commanded as he and Desari sat on a loveseat across from Andreas and Layla. Andreas complied without hesitation. He quickly showed Julian what had happened over the past few days, all but what he had done to Layla. That shamed him too much. That he could not reveal to anyone.

There is much to consider. What is your plan for the present? Julian asked Desari and Layla chatted.

Layla contorted her body again. He knew she was trying to get rid o her pain, but it was making it almost impossible to keep his promise. A growl built up in the back of Andreas's throat and he grabbed the back of Layla's neck. If you do not hold still little mate, then I will not be able to control myself. I am no longer without desire.

Layla frowned. The frown turned to a glare and she pulled herself off of Andreas's lap and flopped onto the floor. Julian raised an eyebrow curiously and Andreas just shrugged. "Neither of you are allowed to mock. Do you hear me?" Layla growled.

"We would never mock you beloved. You should rest though. I am here to watch over you as you sleep," Andreas spoke softly, his voice a light purr. He knew she was listening for the sound of a chuckle, but he made sure that there was none even though if she had looked there was laughter dancing in his eyes.

Layla made a noise of compliance and closed her eyes. You have a unique little lifemate Andreas, Julian sent him with a little laugh.

And I would never dare change her, Andreas sent the thought while staring cooling into Julian's golden eyes. He had to make this point now, and he had to make it very clear. Layla is Layla. She is strong, courageous, uncontrollable, and utterly beautiful.

I am not one to question such a thing Andreas, Julian assured his friend as he drew his own lifemate closer to him. Yes, if anyone, Julian would be able to understand.

Andreas nodded curtly. "How long do you have Julian?"

"We do not need to rejoin the band for a few weeks. They just finished a tour last week," Julian informed him.

Andreas sighed. "I need your aid…in planning a wedding."

Julian raised a golden eyebrow and humor shone in his bright eyes. "A wedding my friend?"

"Layla asked that I wed her."

He knew that it was all that Juilian could do to not burst out in laughter. "And as her lifemate, you could not refuse," Desari said with a smile. It was clear that his cousin was overjoyed at the thought. "We would be glad to help you cousin."

"Yes," Julian said with a chuckle. Andreas knew that every Carpathian male who could feel was going to be harassing him for this. Especially if Julian had his way. "We will help you plan this wedding. When is it supposed to take place?"

A growl came from Andreas's throat and Layla, who was obviously not asleep giggled. "Three weeks. I have to meet her family first."

Julian's chuckle turned into a full out laugh. "No making fun of Andreas!" Layla yelled as she pulled her body into the fetal position.

"Forgive me," Julian said, a smile still adorning his face. "I just find this occurrence…mildly entertaining."

Layla stuck her tongue out at Julian and closed her eyes again. Andreas knew she was tired. She had taken a nap in the afternoon, but it was draining for her to do what was necessary for her schooling and be separated from him at the same time. He knew it was his fault and for that he hated himself when she could not. Rest now honey. I won't leave you Andreas promised.

Just make sure I'm back and scanned into the dorms by midnight, she sent. He could almost hear her mental yawn.

Andreas smiled. Don't worry little one. I won't let you get into any trouble.