Dragons Blood

Luke

It was more amazing than anything Luke had ever seen. The way her hands moved and his flesh knitted back together, perfect as if nothing had ever marred it to begin with. He had never seen anything as fantastic as that. He couldn't tear his eyes away, and her disbelief that they had never seen anything like it before made it even more amazing. He had never been the type to believe in such things, but now that it was here, happening before his eyes, there was no way he could stand there and say that magic didn't exist.

"This is...earth?" he said. He had no idea where she came from, and to be honest he felt like kind of a moron, especially when she sat there on the floor, cradling the other man's head and staring at him with those big eyes at him. He wished he had the answers for her, but he just didn't know. He dropped his hand to rest on his little sister's head. He was beginning to wish he had just told her to go inside. Then she could have been safe, and away from all this. He didn't know what was going to happen and he didn't like it. "It's like...a city. Where do you come from? What are you?" He asked, frowning.

Melinda came up beside him and laid her hand on his shoulder. "Luke. Calm down, you're going to scare her." She told him, squatting down beside Rose and Genoa. He tossed his arms up in the air and walked away. He hated not getting answers. He was a boy who liked to be in control, and this was certainly not being in control. He didn't know who she was or where she came from, what if this turned out to be more trouble than he had hoped for? What was he going to do then? He was going to do what was best for himself and Rose in the long run. Melinda and Ian could make their own choices and look after themselves.

He followed Ian as soon as the request was made. He needed to talk about this-- Ian always seemed to be fairly logical, have solutions for things. He needed to talk to him. He followed into the hallway and made sure the door was shut behind him. The girls didn't need to hear this. He tended to shelter them a lot, but that was just natural. His sister and his best friend, he didn't want to drag the, into this.

"I don't know man. I don't know. I don't know what the fuck to do or even what the fuck she is. We need to find out. We need to know what kind of a mess we're getting ourselves into before we actually say anything. I wanna know where we stand. Then we can work things out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dramzz

Subscribe/comment!