Dragons Blood

Ian

Rose ran into Ian's apartment and threw her arms around her brother. Luke looked up at Ian confused even as his arms wrapped around the tiny frame of his little sister. "What the hell happened?" he demanded. "Rose, why are you shaking?"

Ian didn't say anything as he walked into the kitchen and set the bags on the table. He wouldn't admit it, but he had been shaken by what had happened just as much as Rose. He didn't know who had shot at them. If he knew, he could have dealt with it. He wasn't that lucky. Ian looked down at the bolt clenched in his hand and threw it into his counter. His landlord was gonna kill him if he saw that thing in there, but he would worry about that cheap bastard later. Right now, he really didn't want to deal with anymore shit than he had to.

"You gonna answer me Ian?" Luke demanded from the kitchen doorway.

Ian sighed and shook his head. "Look, I really don't want to talk about this right now Luke. Why don't you take Rose to get something like chocolate. I hear that it calms people down."

A hand grabbed Ian's shoulder and spun him around. Luke was glaring at him, though the effect was killed slightly by the fact that Rose was clinging to his waist. "Which one of your old buddies do I have to blame for this mess?" Luke demanded in a hiss. "Fuck, you got shot...they were that close! If anything had happened to Rose-"

Ian shoved Luke away. "Do you not see the arrow sitting on my fucking kitchen counter? Goddamn you can be so dense sometimes Luke. Whoever did this, they weren't after me. They don't even know me I bet." Ian shoved past Luke and out of the kitchen. He had been hoping to avoid this until later. Luke hadn't really given him much of a choice though.

He focused on the girl and the guy on the couch who looked like he was lucid if not totally conscious. "You two, do you know what this is?" he asked looking at both of them. The girl was the one who gave them away. Well, no, that wasn't right. They both did, simply in different ways. "Alright, you two are going to fucking talk some sense right now or you can get the hell out of my apartment."

The other guy pushed himself up, holding his shoulder and stood slowly. He was about Ian's height if not taller and built with muscles where Ian was lean. "We'll leave then. We would not wish to inconvenience you."

Melinda smacked Ian's arm and it actually hurt, likely because she happened to hit the arm he had landed on when protecting Rose. "You jerk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's Ian >.>
Sorry this took so long! Stress and fail and all that. But Taylor and I, to make it up to you, promise within the next chapter or two to give you guys a playlist for the story.