Status: I hope you guys think it's cute :D

Valentine's Day

I Hate Valentine's Day

I have always hated Valentine's Day.

Not because I've always been single during the holiday, it's the whole mood. The air is filled with either love-sick idiots or heart-broken morons. Girls gushing about how their boyfriends got them this and that, and boys just wanting to get the day over with. I think it's only cute when little old couples still celebrate Valentine's Day.

"Lily!" Someone screams across the hallway. My head snaps up from the book I was reading near my locker and see that my best friend, Melanie, is hugging a stuffed bear ten times bigger than her. I roll my eyes at the small brunnette bouncing on her feet and walk towards her.

She grins happily at me and holds out the bear for me. I raise an eyebrow and grab the idiotic thing carefully.

"Isn't it the cutest?" Melanie squeels happily. "Brandon got it for me just before fourth period! Oh, he's the best Lily, he really is."

"I know, Melanie. Did he get you anything else?" I ask, trying to ignore the impulse to run away from love-struck friend. I love her to bits but her tendency to over-react terrifies me.

"No, but the bear is just the sweetest thing,"She grins. "I've heard that you have a secret admirer, though."

I raise my eyebrow. With my long and strange, strawberry-blonde hair and cat-like green eyes, I never attract too much attention.

"Doubt it, you know me Mel. I hate these types of things," I hand her back the disgusting bear and wave goodbye to her as I walk to my class.

"Don't come crying to me when you get your heart broken missy!" She cries when I'm at the door of my Journalism class. I roll my eyes at her and step inside the busy classroom. Ms. Wilson calls my attention because of how late I am and sends me to work on a project having to do with freshmen pictures for the paper. The freshmen this year are so idiotic.

I'm typing away for the caption of the pictures when a few seniors wearing red and white enter the room. They are all holding different things like teddy bears and candy& roses telegrams. I sneer at the items. I had to do a page essay on those products a few days ago. They blabber to Ms. Wilson about their trips around the school to give everything to different students for a while before they begin passing things out. A few are surprised to receive things and giggle to their friends while others look down in disappointment at not receiving anything. I look back at the computer and ignore everyone.

"Lily Evergreen?" a femenine voice says my ridiculous name in surprise and my head snaps to her so quickly I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash. My strange eyes are as wide as possible when the seniors give me a small bear, a red rose, and a heart-shaped chocolate box.

They leave and everyone looks at me in shock. I never receive things like these. I've had boys admire me before but they all knew how stupid I thought Valentine's Day was. I gulp and put down everything except the delicate rose in my bag. I print out the photos, turn them in, and leave the room in a hurry after getting Ms. Wilson's approval.

I grip the rose in my hand and walk to the place I knew Melanie would be. The school has a flower garden above the gym and Melanie and her boyfriend love hanging around there. I power walk towards my destination, my awful long legs taking me there in no time. I don't hear the usual giggling but my hears pick up footsteps walking around.

I walk inside the pretty garden that I've learned to tolerate and instead of finding Melanie and her beau, I find Zach. He was in my old photography class and we became sort of close after a while. He's sitting on a bench staring at a rose in his hand worriedly and looks up at the sound of my sneakers squeeking.

"Lily," He says in surprise. I raise an eyebrow and point at the rose.

"Waiting for anyone?" He nods and sighs. "Well, who is she?"

He chuckles and turns the rose over. "Well, she's really pretty, blonde and smart, and has a tendency to be a bitch. I guess that's why I haven't given her this yet."

"Don't be a pussy Zach," I scoff. "Just go find her and give her the stupid rose."

He nods and looks at me in question. "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for Lily. Some weirdo sent my chocolates, a rose, and a teddy bear," I scowl. He grins and holds out the rose.

"Guess you found your weirdo," He whispers shyly. My eyebrows shot all the way up to my hairline.

"You sent me all that? But you know I hate Valentine's Day."

"I know you hate it because you've never celebrated it correctly." My mouth hangs open and I cautiously reach out to grab the rose in his waiting hand. Just when I'm about to grab it, his other arm shots out and pulls me flush against his body. My heart beats rapidly and my mouth is still open in surprise.

"What are you doing?" I can't believe I'm reacting this way. I've never held any attraction to Zach. Yeah, I've noticed how handsome he is with his beautiful, black hair and sparkling blue eyes but I've never felt like this.

"Be my Valentine?" He whispers. I gulp and nod. He grins and stares at my lips. "Is it okay if I kiss you?"

"You pretty much almost raped me," I grin. "Just kiss me already."

He laughs and crashes his lips to mine.

Guess I don't hate Valentine's Day that much anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best work but whatever. I hope you guys like it <3