Status: Updated when we can/ aren't busy.

The "Perfect" World

01. Beginnings

Her feet pounded the desert ground. The sand shot up behind her as she ran. Her arms worked at her sides, swinging back and forth to push her forward. Her short black hair slowly turning dusty with the sand. Her black gun, an electric blast ray, sat in the holster at her waist. Her breath came in pants.
"Janine!" She heard and turned her hair, seeing a brown haired man running towards her.
"Da- Da- David." She gasped, needing to stop. David grabbed her arm, looked behind her and dragged her over to an abandoned car and hid behind it. A fire blast hit the car, burning the metal, blowing the door off and setting the insides up in flames, at least it hadn't gotten the two people the other side. Janine dragged her hand through her hair and placed her hand on her ray gun. Looking at David, she noticed him doing the same.
"One."
"Two."
"Three!" They both yelled and turned, dragging the guns out of their holsters and shooting at the three people the other side of the car and watched as the other people writhered and fell, dead. Janine eyed the bodies carefully while David looked around them.
"We need to go." He said and dragged her away, not noticing the other soldiers running after them.

Janine stood inside the army base, her clothes covered in dust, her dark brown combat boots held her up using a form of technology that made the boots hold onto the wearer.
"Three of them?" The commanding officer asked, his grey hair just popping out from under his hat. Janine nodded.
"All dead." She said, her back straight while she spoke, her hands behind her back while David stood next to her.
"We lost six good men and women." The officer told the pair, both nodded.
"We saw them." David said, a mournful look on his face, though he was glad as none of them were his brother. "We can only be lucky from now on... Right?" The officer smirked and nodded.
"Optimistic." The man said, turning his back on the pair. "We need to get inside them, now." He said coldly, Janine nodded in agreement while David looked at the officer as though he were insane. The officer dismissed them without another word and the pair bowed their heads and turned in a swift movement, leaving at once.