Staring Back to Happier Times

Doce

Teddy was the first to see the body. As he rounded the corner, he felt the overwhelming urge to throw up, but suppressed the bile already rising in his throat. When he turned around, he was met with Ed, his jaw open slightly as he attempted to get over yet another death. However, the oldest member of the group managed to spring into action, stopping both girls before they could see the body. Within seconds, there were several police officers swarming the scene, and Teddy was quickly pushed away to stand with the others. Within hours, the entire area had been cordoned off, but nothing suspicious found. The blood on the nail matched to Brian. The rollerblade, left by a small child visiting a relative in cells, was there in way of a tragic accident. The police interviewed each of the rapidly decreasing group, but couldn’t get anything from the statements. By the end of the day, everyone had been released.

~~~

Alex frowned as he grabbed the few things he needed. Stuffing a few Pot Noodles into his backpack, he made his way towards the door of the hotel room. Room service had only been too happy to give him a spare key in exchange for the last £20 in his wallet.

Finding a block of loose paper on the small dresser, Alex scribbled a note. The pen he had found in the first drawer was low on ink, and as a result, his handwriting was shabbier than usual, but still readable. Walking over to one of the two beside cabinets, he rustled through the contents until he found what he was looking for.

As Alex opened Ed’s wallet, he caught his finger on the side of a photograph that was hanging loosely in the small leather object. It began to bleed, and Alex cursed loudly. The photograph floated to the ground as Alex spun around on his heel, attempting to find something to stem the bleed with, spotting a pile of loo roll lying beside the two makeup bags on the dresser. Making a makeshift bandage around the wound, he turned back around to finish putting the note inside Ed’s wallet, stopping to pick the picture back up.

Alex gasped as he looked at the picture. It had been taken two days previous to the original incident. Ed, Alex, Ali, Teddy and Dan were smiling at the camera as they bundled together in a small heap. Micki was sat cross-legged in front of them, her thumbs up in a universally positive sign. Caryn was scowling beside her as she was forced to look at the camera, and Vikki was sat on an amp beside the group, grinning like an idiot.

However, it wasn’t the object of the picture that he was now gaping in horror at. At some point during Alex’s injuring of his finger, blood had transferred its way from his finger to the photograph. A dark red stain now covered Vikki’s face and Vikki’s face only. The photo paper had gone slightly soggy at this edge, and was beginning to sag.

“She’s next,” Alex mumbled as he dropped everything in his hands and ran from the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The spelling of the Spanish may not be very good. I can't be bothered to look it up.

And I know this is short, but it would have been a mammoth chapter if I hadn't stopped it there.