Let's Follow Through With This Reckless Dream

I'm A Walking Travesty;

Jack left me home alone that morning. He went over to Alex's to talk to Jasey and the guys. I stayed here watching TV and hiding in the dark. If the police found me I would be doomed...

I watched Tom and Jerry and munched on popcorn slowly. I was so worried I almost bit my fingers whenever I inserted popcorn into my mouth.

I gulped and took a drink of my water washing away the dryness in my throat from the popcorn.

The doorbell then rang. I cocked my eyebrow and looked towards the door. I hope it wasn't the police. I tip toed over to the door and peeked through the hole to see Dr. Wellington standing there nibbling his lip.

I didn't know whether I should open the door or not...but I did. Giving in like always...

Then as soon as I opened the door there were tons of reporters around Jack's driveway snapping pictures of me...There was even cops here!

My heart rate sped up as I looked at Dr. Wellington for help. He gave me a look of sympathy.

"What is going on here?" I whispered to him as he took a step inside.

"Max! Max! Is it true you have been hiding here in Baltimore the whole time?!" One reporter yelled out as I rolled my eyes.

What a fucking idiot! Of course it's true!

"Max, Mr. Brutch found your picture on google and compared it to you...Don't worry Colby didn't say anything." Dr. Wellington said as my mouth parted slightly.

"I don't wanna go back to jail." I whispered to him cupping my hand over my mouth and trying not to cry.

"Don't worry, Terr- I mean Max...You're not going to jail I got everything covered...You just need to come to court so we can settle this once and for all." He spoke calmly as I rolled my eyes and I felt tears wailing up in them.

"No! No! They're just gonna put me back in the slammer, Dr. Wellington! I escaped! I committed a crime! What are you gonna do to defend me?!" I shouted shutting the door as the reporters continued to take pictures.

"You're under my care, Max...You have been since three years ago. You have a disease that's why you killed Freddie..." He said as I gulped. Was this true? Could he actually help me?

"But I didn't mean to kill him." I choked up as Dr. Wellington nodded in understanding.

"I know, Max. I know." He said patting my shoulder as I gulped and let a tear slide down my cheek.

"We have to go out there...Get something nice on." He said as I cocked my eyebrow and looked out the window at all the reporters outside Jack's house.

"Am I going to court now?" I whispered as he shook his head.

"We have to settle it with the cops and see what they say. For now we just have to answer a few questions." He said as I nodded and walked back to me and Jack's room slipping on my skinny jeans and a nice black t-shirt as I put Jack's big hoodie over my head. I put my hair up in a tight ponytail and applied my eyeliner quickly.

"You ready?" He asked with a smile, his hand on the doorknob as I nodded.

He opened the door and we both went outside...We were attacked by reporters...Literally.

"Maxine! Maxine! Over here! How did you make it so long with a fake ID?!"

"I don't know." Was my response.

"Who made you the fake ID?!" Another guy yelled as I shrugged.

"I don't remember." I said as cops pushed the reporters away from me and took me by the cop car with Dr. Wellington.

"Well, way to go, Ms. Willem! You're the talk of the town! And mainly all over the news." The lady cop said sarcastically as I gulped and looked down at my high tops.

I saw the handcuffs come out as I looked at Dr. Wellington for help.

"Hold up!" I heard Jack yell as Jasey, Alex, and him popped out of his car and ran through the reporters and up to me.

"What's going on here?" Jack asked in panic as I looked up at the cop and Jack put his arm around my shoulder hugging me tight to him.

He didn't want me to leave him again...I didn't want to leave him either.

"Well, your girlfriend here has committed a crime if you haven't noticed." The officer with the pot belly said as Jack rolled his eyes and I laid my head on his chest.

"Don't let them take me." I whispered to him as he held me tighter.

Jasey and Alex stared in shock...This was definitely like Senior year all over again.

"I won't." Jack whispered back in my ear as I held back tears.

The reporters continued to snap tons of pictures of Alex, Jasey, me and Jack...

"I need to talk with you...I think it would be best if me and Max came into court and discussed this with the judge." Dr. Wellington said as the officers stared at him and then back at me.

"Hm. We have to take you down to the station for some questions...This guy can come along if he wants." The officer said to Dr. Wellington as he nodded.

"Can uh...My boyfriend come along?" I asked in a innocent voice, pulling away from Jack and giving the officer a sad look as he sighed and nodded.

"I suppose." He replied as they put me, Jack, and Dr. Wellington in the back of the cop car.

The reporters took pictures as we drove off and Jasey and Alex walked into the house shutting the door behind them.

"Text them." I muttered to Jack as the guy officer gave me a dirty look in the rear view mirror.

"Okay." Jack muttered back pulling out his phone and texting Alex.

JAGK: Hey.

OMG!askarth: You guys okay?


Jack looked up at me as I shrugged.

JAGK: We'll be fine.

"Put Jasey on." I whispered laying my head on Jack's shoulder.

JAGK: Get Jasey on...

OMG!askarth: K


We waited for a minute then we received a long paragraph from Jasey...

OMG!askarth: Max! What's gonna happen 2 u? U can't go back to jail! Jack don't let that happen or I swear I will...Well, I won't do anything but cry my ass off! Max, plz don't get urself in 2 more trouble then u already r in...Plz! I need u, Max!

I looked up at Jack who stopped scrolling down on his phone.

"What am I suppose to do?" I whispered as a few tears fell down my cheeks and he wiped them away with his thumb and kissed my forehead.

"Just relax, Max. I'm here." He whispered as I laid my head on his shoulder and sniffed.

"I know you are." I whispered.

"We're almost there." The officer spoke up as I gulped and looked over at Dr. Wellington who was staring at me with sympathy and shock.

I couldn't do this! I couldn't go into a court and try to defend myself! Nor could I be put in the slammer and sit on the hard cold cement floor all my life and eat gross slop! I can't go back! I can't do this! I just can't!

I had to get out of this car! I had to run away! I could hear taunting voices in my head tormenting me...Telling me to die that's what's best!

Would you rather be stuck in prison or die, Max?! Huh?! What do you wanna fucking do?!
Make the decision now!


I closed my eyes trying to push the voices out but they just kept on bugging me! They wouldn't go away!

I grabbed Jack's hand and squeezed it tight as the cop car came to a stop. We were at the police station...I met my doom.

Me, Jack, and Dr. Wellington got out walking up to the doors of the police station.

I was so nervous! What if this was all a setup?!

Run, Max! Run! Get away from here, Max! They're gonna put you in the slammer!

I gulped as they led me and Dr. Wellington back to a seperate room with a big mirror in it. Jack had to stay out in the main office. I didn't like that one bit...

On the other side of tha mirror cops were staring me down...I knew it...I have seen this on way too many TV shows to know.

"Take a seat, Ms. Willem and Mr. Wellington." A guy in a nice suit said as I took a seat next to Dr. Wellington.

"Max, how did you escape? Who helped you is what I mean?" He said clearing his throat as I shut my eyes and took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

"My friend Jay and my other friend Mike...They're gone now. I haven't talked to them in a while." I said quietly. I wasn't lying either...

"Can you try and remember who let you buy and get a fake ID?" He asked as I shrugged.

Shit! I don't remember his name...

"It was a guy I know that for sure...That's all I can remember." I muttered biting on my lip.

"Are you sure?" The nice guy in the suit urged as I nodded.

"I'm sure." I replied.

I needed to get out of here! Run away with Jack! I can't face these questions! What if I decided to lie on one! What would happen then?! Would they find out and put me back in the slammer for sure?! I could just find a way to escape again...

But how?

"And Dr. Wellington you have been a therapist for Max for about what...Three years now?" The guy asked as Dr. Wellington nodded slowly.

"I didn't know she was Maxine Willem I knew her by Terry Malcom her fake name." Dr. Wellington replied as I leaned back in my seat.

This was going to take a while...
♠ ♠ ♠
Suspense. Drama. Filler. You get the point.
COMMENT COMMENT!
- Faith