Let's Follow Through With This Reckless Dream

And Sleeping Alone Is Starting To Break Me Down;

I sighed to myself as I laid the phone on my shoulder, holding it with my head.

“Sure Sasha, that sounds great….” I said to Rian’s new girlfriend.

“I think Rian’s inviting his other friends but I thought I’d call you guys right now,” She said kindly.

“Okay, I’ll see you then,” I said, letting the phone slip off of my shoulder and into my hand.

“Who was that?” Alex asked as he walked into the living room.

“Rian’s girlfriend. She invited us to the lake this weekend with Rian,” I said.

“Oh. Why?” He asked.

I shrugged. “Said she wants to get to know us better or something,” I said, fixing the couch pillows.

“That’s not weird at all,” He said sarcastically. I chuckled.

“I like her,” Ellarie piped up from the kitchen table where she was coloring.

“You do? Well I like you,” Alex said, running over to her and picking her up. He tickled her tummy and put her on the couch.

“Daddy!” She burst into giggles. “Stop it!” She kept giggling like crazy.

“Aw, how cute,” Zack said, walking out of the bathroom. He was always over here…

I smirked and walked over to the kitchen. “What’s up, Zack?” I asked as he sat down on the counter.

“Ah, nothing really,” He said.

“Do you like Sasha?” I asked.

He shrugged. “She’s alright,” He grinned. “You don’t?”

“No, I do,” I shook my head. “I just wanted to know what you thought,” I lied.

He stifled a laugh. “Okay,” He said.

“So, want to come with us downtown? We’re going to walk around with Max and Jack and have lunch,” I said.

“Walk around? When did Jack and Alex grow pussies?” He chuckled.

“What?! We all just want to spend some time together!” I exclaimed.

He laughed again. “No thanks, Jasey. I’ll catch you guys later,” He said. He kissed the top of my head and headed out the door after waving to Alex.

“So what’s the plan?” Alex asked, swinging Ellarie onto the kitchen counter.

“We’re going to go hang out with Max in downtown,” I said.

“Oh fun,” He said sarcastically.

“If you don’t want to go you don’t have to,” I said, rather harshly.

“Do you think Max even wants to go?” He asked.

I clenched my teeth. “Fine! Then no one has to go and we can all just stay home!” I exploded and walked off to my room.

“Mommy’s mad,” Alex said lowly from the kitchen to Ellarie.

****

“Please come Max,” I pleaded laying dramatically on my bed with the phone laying on my cheek.

“Jasey Rae, no. I am going through too much stress. I find out whether or not I go to jail on Tuesday!” She exclaimed.

“This will help you relax though,” I said, still trying to convince her. “Come on, don’t you want to meet Rian’s new girlfriend?”

She sighed and I heard Jack’s voice in the background. “I can meet her when I find out whether or not I’m going to jail,” She said.

“Please, for me, Maxxie?” I pleaded.

“No, Jasey,”

“For me, Maxxie?” I heard Jack say in the background.

“Don’t even get me started with you,” She said to him.

“Jack! Do the puppy eyes!” I shouted into the voice.

“Jasey! Don’t yell!” Max groaned.

“Okay!” Jack called out to me.

“Stop yelling,” Max moped. “I have a headache,”

“A hangover?” I asked, stifling a laugh.

“No, Jasey,” She sighed. I chuckled.

Then I heard whimpering in the background. It sounded a lot like a dog…

“Jack, stop,” Max giggled.

Then Max started laughing like crazy.

“Jack! Stop!” She shrieked in between laughs. I smiled to myself and hung up. Then all of a sudden, Alex ran into the room and jumped on the bed next to me, making it shake. Ellarie ran in after him and he lifted her onto his chest.

“What’d she say?” He asked. Rian had invited Jack and Max, but Max wasn’t up for it, which was why I was convincing her to go.

“Jack’s trying to convince her now with his puppy whimpering,” I chuckled, playing with Alex’s hair.

“I wanna go swimming,” Ellarie piped up.

“You will sweetie,” I smirked. “Tomorrow we can go at the lake, okay?”

“What lake is it?” Alex asked me.

“Rosefold, or something. The one that’s really far away,” I chuckled.

“Alright,” He nodded.

*****

Jack got Max to go. I don’t know how he did it, but he did. Rian was waiting outside in his car with Sasha in the passenger seat. She had her sunglasses on and was looking up at my house.

“Where’s Ellarie’s towel?” I asked Alex.

“Check the closet!” He called out from the bathroom. He came out in a white shirt and his
swim trunks. I bent down to pick up Ellarie’s towel when he slapped my ass.

“Alex!” I shrieked, standing up. “Don’t do that,” I laughed, smacking his chest.

He smirked. “Alright, alright. Where’s the cooler?”

“Garage,” I said quickly as I walked to the closet and I pulled out five towels. I hugged them close to my body as I ran outside. Alex’s car already had the trunk popped open so I stuffed them in there. He was putting Ellarie’s car seat in the back when I slapped his butt.

“Whoa!” He exclaimed, shooting up and turning around.

“Yea, doesn’t feel so good, does it?” I said. He laughed.

“I don’t have an ass like you do though! It’s pretty tempting,”

“Wow, thanks,” I rolled my eyes. He smirked and engulfed me in a hug, kissing my forehead.

“Ah, how I love thee,”

“Don’t try talking Old English, Alex. It didn’t work in high school, it’s not working now,” I laughed, putting my hands on him.

“Jealous of my multiple languages, are we?” He smirked.

“Hurry up! I wanna go to the lake!” Ellarie whined, tugging on my shorts.

“Alright, alright, you impatient monkey,” Alex said, picking her up. He strapped her into her car seat while I went back to lock up the house.

“Are you guys finally ready?” Rian asked. He had his sunglasses on and he looked like he was from Hollywood.

“Yes, Rian,”

“Good, it’s about time,” He said. I shoved him playfully and we both got into our own cars. We arrived at the lake half an hour later and Max, Jack, Zack, and some girl with Zack were already there. There was a long rope off to the side by a tree and a big deck with chairs already set out. Zack was putting a barbeque out while Jack was unfolding chairs and Max was talking to Zack’s girl.

I got out and picked up Ellarie, holding her on my hip.

“Jasey Rae!” Max exclaimed when she saw me. She came over and kissed Ellarie’s cheek.

“Hi Auntie Maxxie,” Ellarie giggled.

“Hello my gorgeous niece!” She exclaimed, picking up Ellarie. “Come meet Zack’s friend,” She said to me. I followed her over to Zack’s car where a brunette was standing, twirling her hair in her finger.

“Jessica, this is Jasey, Alex’s girlfriend, and this is her daughter, Ellarie,” Max said.

“Hi,” I waved.

Jessica smiled. “Hi,” She chuckled.

“So, how do you know Zack?” I asked as I leaned against the car and Max went off to Jack with Ellarie.

“Um, party a few days ago,” She nodded.

“Oh, cool,” I smiled.

“How do you know him?” She asked.

“We went to high school together,” I said as I watched Max and Jack play with Ellarie.

“Wow, you guys have known each other for a long time,” She said.

“Yea,” I smiled.

I felt Alex hook his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek hard. I laughed and pulled away.

“You wanna come help me set up the rest of the chairs?” He asked with his lips against my cheek.

I kept laughing as he still had his arms around my waist from the side. “Sure. Have you met Jessica?” I asked. He pulled away.

“Ah, Jessica, we meet again,” He smiled and shook her hand.

She smiled and nodded, shaking his hand. We went back to the car and finished taking chairs out of Jack’s car. I set up the last one of mine.

“Mommy! They have an ice cream shop!” Ellarie exclaimed, bouncing up and down and pointing at the ice cream shop down the road. “Can I have one?” She asked.

“Okay,” I smiled. Max, Jack, Alex, Ellarie, and I all walked to the ice cream shop. Jack ordered a triple scoop chocolate cone for Max and him while I got Ellarie a small one scoop cone and I got myself a single scoop vanilla cone for Alex and I to share.

I licked the cone. “This is really good,” I said to Alex.

“Yea?” He leaned in to try it and I shoved it in his face, getting vanilla ice cream all over him. He opened his mouth in shock and licked his lips. I laughed and licked the ice cream off his lips. He leaned down and kissed me as I held the ice cream over his shoulder to not get it on him.

“Aww,” Max gushed. I pulled away from Alex and blushed at Max. Jack was holding Ellarie’s hand. He was like the perfect uncle.

“Shut up,” I chuckled. Alex held my hand and we kept walking back to the lake. I was falling in love with him all over again.

*****

“No!” Max yelled from the dock, smiling and clinging onto the rope.

“Do it!” Alex yelled. I laughed as I stood in the water with Ellarie in her little floaties.

“It’s cold!” She yelled at him. She hugged her chest and the rope.

“No it’s not!”

“GET IN THE WATER! GET IN!” Jack yelled. “I’m sorry,” He said. “Get in the water, babe,” He said nicely.

Alex burst into laughter and pretended to whip Jack. I smacked his arm. “Shut up,” I laughed.

Max screamed and held on tight to the rope, jumping onto it and holding her feet tight onto the big knot at the bottom. She fell into the water and shot right up, holding her body.

“You jackass! You said it wasn’t cold!” She yelled at Alex, splashing him with water. Jack dove underwater and came up right in front of Max, flipping his hair out of his eyes. He smiled down at her and kissed her.

Jessica was playing with Ellarie. She was great, I loved her. She was fun, nice, pretty. And she didn’t have her eyes glued on Alex all the time. Unlike Sasha. Sasha was always staring at Alex. Sasha had on a tiny bikini, making all the guys stare. Even Jack, which I was surprised at. She might as well go on America’s Next Top Model for her bitchy attitude and hot body.

Okay, so I was overreacting. I only thought she was bitchy because she gave me a dirty look and laughs loudly at Alex’s jokes. But still. That’s enough for me. Wow, I really need to make up my mind as to whether or not I was overreacting or not.

Max swam over to me on her back. She laid there floating like a feather, something she always did. I always tried but I would freak out from thinking I was going to drown.

“So, did this help you relax a bit?” I asked as Alex and Rian played with Ellarie.

“Yea,” She admitted with a smile. “Thanks for making me come,”

“I didn’t make you come, Jack did,” I chuckled.

She smiled. “Right,”

“Ah, you and Jack,” I smiled, shaking my head. “Little engaged lovebirds,” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, yes, the ice cream scene and the Max jumping in the water scene are from the movie The Notebook, which I am watching for the very first time right now!
I can't find the scenes and the only one I found of the ice cream part is in a different language and it sounds so creepy...
Haha so there it is!
ALSO DON'T FORGET TO TELL US WHICH LAYOUT YOU LIKE BETTER!
THIS ONE OF THE OLD ONE!
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!

- Linda