Let's Follow Through With This Reckless Dream

Therapy, You Were Never A Friend To Me;

"Jack, don't leave me!" I exclaimed as he made his way towards the door. He stopped and turned around.

"But Max, I've been here...for like four days with you. You go home tomorrow afternoon." He whined, sticking his bottom lip out as I folded my arms across my chest and stared up at the TV.

"But you said you love hospitals." I mumbled.

"I said I love the food. Not the hospital. Hospitals scare the living shit out of me. I hate leaving you here." He spoke softly as I rolled my eyes.

"Then stay here with me." I whispered.

I couldn't tell him that I was scared of Freddie showing up...or that would worry him to death. And then he would tell Alex and then Alex would tell Jasey and so on...

"I'll see you tomorrow, Maxine." He said as I gulped and he kissed my head softly.

"Goodbye." I said in a hurt voice.

Oh, come on. One more night wouldn't hurt his ass!

"Bye, Max." He said, walking out of the hospital room as I slouched down in the uncomfortable bed.

Fuck this.

~

The next morning I woke up to a bright hospital room. The curtains were open and the sun was shining through the whole room.

I squinted.

I pressed the red button as the nurse in Mickey Mouse scrubs came in with a warm smile on her elderly face.

"Yes, Hun?"

"I'm ready to leave. Can you take this IV thing out of my arm?" I asked her as she laughed and nodded.

"I'll be right back." She said in a hurry as I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"This is bullshit." I whispered as I heard a knock at the door, scaring the living shit out of me.

Then he came in...

Alex Gaskarth.

"Alex? Where is Jack? I thought he was coming to get me? Is Jasey here?" I said in panic, raising up as he laughed and shook his head, sitting down in one of the chairs beside my hospital bed.

"She's asleep back at my place with Ellarie. I decided to come and get you. Jack didn't mind." He said with a big smile as I smirked.

"How thoughtful. And look don't get too comfortable we're leaving here pretty quickly." I told him.

"You alright? You look pissed?"

"Uh, yeah I am." I let out a slight laugh.

"Look, Max. I said I'm sorry. Okay? And like...yeah, I'm sorry." He cleared his throat and stared at me. He looked like he wanted to laugh his ass off.

"What are you hiding?" I gave him a suspicious look as he arched his thick eyebrow up at me.

"What are you talking about, Max? I am not hiding anything." He chuckled.

"Whatever." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Are you still pissed off at me?" He said in a sad innocent voice as I looked over at him.

"No. I just want out of here and Jack is pissing me off." I said, staring down at my black fingernails.

"Oh, fuck. What did he do?"

"Nothing," I said. "He just wanted to go home last night and I didn't want him to go but he left anyway..."

"Damn. You're pissed about that?"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

"Mood swings." Alex sang as I gave him a dirty look and he stopped and shook his head.

"Okay, Maxine. You're ready to go home?" A guy nurse in dark blue scrubs asked as I nodded.

"As soon as possible. Please and thanks." I said, forcing a fake smile as he chuckled and met eyes with me.

"Terry Malcom? Well, you were Terry Malcom before all that other stuff happened but....Damn. Can I have your autograph?" He asked as the girl in the pink scrubs looked at him like he was nuts.

"Sure." I laughed as he handed me a little notepad and a hospital pen.

I signed the little note and handed it back to him as he smiled big.

Alex stared at me and shook his head.

I shrugged as the nurse took the IV out of my arm and Alex grimaced down at it.

"I hope you brought me clothes to go home in, Alex. Because I don't have any." I said, meeting eyes with his chocolate brown ones as he gulped.

"Was I suppose to bring them?"

"Damn it, Alex!" I exclaimed as the nurses left the room and I sat up on the edge of the bed.

"You expect me to go home in a hospital gown? I mean look at this!" I said, staring down at it as he itched the back of his head.

"Look, maybe they have clothes for you to wear here..." Alex said as I gave him a pathetic look.

"I can't even believe you passed high school!" I exclaimed, hitting his head as he laughed and rubbed it lightly.

The guy nurse who wanted my autograph came in with a wheelchair as I smiled at him and then Alex stopped him before he walked out.

"By chance do you have any clothes for her to wear?" Alex asked as my mouth parted slightly.

"You didn't bring any?" He said in shock as I gave Alex a dirty look and then looked back at the guy nurse.

"Nope. Apparently he forgot." I said as the guy nurse laughed and walked towards the door.

"I'll see if we have anything." He flashed me a smile as I smiled back.

"What is your name?"

"Jack."

"Oh, that's really cool my fiance's name is Jack." I smiled.

"Sweet." He said in disappointment, walking out of the room.

"Oh, that's really cool my fiance's name is Jack." Alex said in a high pitched voice and batted his eyelashes as I hit him in the arm playfully.

"You're looking at that guy like he is a piece of meat!" Alex whisper-yelled as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, whatever. Just shut the fuck up for five minutes." I told him as he sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"We have scrubs." Jack said, sticking his head back in the door as I smiled and nodded.

"That'll be fine. Thanks."

He nodded and left back out the door.

"I have to wear scrubs now. Thanks." I said sarcastically to Alex as he smirked and closed his eyes, shaking his head.

"I'll be damned if you roll me out in that wheelchair. You'll kill me!" I said as Alex chuckled.

"I am not going to kill you. Would you just chill the fuck out? Damn. Don't get your balls in a knot." He laughed as my mouth parted slightly and I kicked him in his leg.

"Ow! Fuck, Max!"

I smiled as Jack came back in the room with mint green scrubs and handed them to me.

"I hope you have shoes." Jack said as I laughed and nodded.

"Thankfully, yes." I smiled as he left the room.

"Well, aren't you going to go to the bathroom and change?" Alex chuckled.

"It depends...would you like to see my underwear?" I said as he gave me a confused look.

"Ya know what. Just shut up." I whispered, getting up off the hospital bed as I stumbled into the wall from losing my balance.

"Hey, Max. I hope you know that...there is no back to that gown." Alex laughed as I turned around and looked at him.

"No! Ya think?!" I yelled out as he continued to laugh.

I pulled down my underwear and flashed him as he laughed even harder.

"Fuck you!" I shouted and went to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

"Nice ass, Max." He continued to laugh as I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks!" I shouted, stripping off my gown and slipping on the scrub pants and shirt.

I put my hair up high in a ponytail and let my bangs hang in my eyes. I walked out of the bathroom and put on my converses.

"You look like a nurse." Alex smiled from ear to ear as I gave him a stupid look and sat down in the wheelchair.

"Now get that Jack guy in here because I am not having you push me all the way down to the car." I said sternly as Alex rolled his eyes and stood up from his chair.

He came over to me and started to push me out of my room as my heart raced.

"Alex, if you run me into anyone or anything...I'll have you know...I can still kick your ass." I said as he chuckled and pushed me out of the room.

"Bye, Maxine!" The elderly nurse said as I smiled and waved to her.

And then Alex ran down the hallway with me still in the wheelchair. I gripped onto the arm rests as the elevator doors came open and we went inside.

"You idiot! Are you trying to make me puke my guts up?!" I yelled out as a business man in a nice suit stared at us.

"Sorry, he's my big brother. He's such an ass." I said, shaking my head and looking up at him as he smiled and patted my shoulder hard.

"Oh, sis. I'm sure you don't mean that."

I rolled my eyes as the elevator doors opened and he rushed me out and to the front doors of the hospital.

"I am responsible for the little one inside of me you douche bag!" I yelled out as he started to slow down.

"You're so right. I forgot." He laughed, completely out of breath as I gulped and held onto my stomach, trying to keep any food I had in it inside of me.

"Why must you be so stupid?" I sighed and shook my head as I heard him chuckle.

Then we went into the parking garage where tons of cars were.

"Which one is yours?" I asked in shock.

"Close your eyes." He sang as I looked up at him and gave him a pathetic look.

"Why?" I mumbled.

"Just do it damn it!"

"Fine! Fine! Don't get your balls in a knot." I laughed, copying off his line from earlier.

Then the wheelchair came to a stop. I still had my eyes tightly closed. I licked my dry lips and sighed.

"What is going on, Alex?" I whispered as he grabbed my hand and I heard a car door open and that annoying beep go...

Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding...

"Don't open your eyes until I say." He told me as I nodded and he shut the door. I peeped my right eye open slightly before he saw me and yelled at me from outside of the car.

"I told you not to damn it!"

"God, okay! Chill. They're closed again! See!" I yelled as he got in the car and shut his car door.

"Alright...open your eyes." He whispered as I opened them and looked around the car in complete shock.

"What the fuck, Alex Gaskarth?" I laughed seeing that there were flowers all over the car of different kinds. I mean like literally they were all over...on the dashboard. In the floorboards. All over the backseat.

Everywhere.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I yelled out as tears filled my eyes and I jumped at him, hugging him tight to me.

"Is this all for me? This was your plan?" I sniffed and tried to shove the lump down my throat. I hate crying in front of him. It makes me seem like such a damn pussy.

"Yep." He smirked, looking around the car.

"Thanks to you my car is going to smell like flowers for the rest of the year." He smiled as I laughed and dried my eyes.

"Thanks, Alex. Really. Nobody has ever done this for me. For the first time in like ever...you are really sweet." I chuckled as he started up the car and still wore a smile on his face.

"It worked! Fuck yeah! Pound it!" He exclaimed as I laughed and pounded fists with him.

"So you forgive me now?" He smirked, driving out of the parking garage as I grinned and nodded.

"Of course. Don't I always?"

~

Four Days Later


"Jack fucking Barakat! Keep Ellarie under control would you?!" I yelled from the living room as I looked through a bridal magazine.

Jack and I haven't set the date yet but we're trying to...

"I'm sorry! She's trying to get the cookies and-." I cut him off.

"You're going to be a father soon!" I shouted.

"I know!" He yelled out as I rolled my eyes.

I got up off the couch and headed to the kitchen to see Ellarie running around the island and giggling with the cookie jar in her tiny arms.

My bright green eyes popped out of my sockets as Jack just stood there, shaking his head, making his black bangs fall in front of his brown eyes.

I grabbed Ellarie by her waist as she squirmed and Jack took the cookie jar from her.

Jasey and Alex went out to celebrate their engagement. And we offered to babysit Ellarie for them.

I am so happy for them.

"Give me da cookie!" Ellarie whined as I rolled my eyes and hid the cookie jar in one of the cabinets as Jack hid her face so she wouldn't be able to see where.

"Not until after dinner. Kapeesh?" I said, meeting eyes with her as she sighed and gave me a half smile.

"Kapeesh." She said sadly as I laughed and took her from Jack as he lifted up her tiny little shirt and blew on her tummy.

She giggled and squirmed some more as I laughed some more and took her out of the kitchen and to the living room with me.

I plopped down on the couch as she sat on my lap and Jack sat down beside me.

"Do we have to wear fancy stuff like that?" Jack whined as I looked up in his eyes and shook his head.

"You would prefer walking down the isle in skinny's and a Glamour Kills shirt?" I said in shock.

He nodded with a big smile on his face.

"You're so dumb, Jack. You're wearing a tux and that is final. I mean really when you think about it...you won't be wearing it for long." I winked as he grinned like crazy.

He leaned in and kissed me.

"Ew!" Ellarie yelled out as we separated and stared at her.

Then Jack and I at the same time leaned in and kissed her on both sides of her cheeks.

"Ew!" She continued to yell out but with a giggle.

I flipped through the bridal magazine as Jack stared at the dresses with me.

"Max, don't you hate wearing dresses? I mean...ya know." Jack shrugged as I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I hate wearing dresses. Unless it's my wedding." I smiled as Jack gave me a half smile.

What is wrong with him?

"Jack, I have a question..." I spoke softly.

"Hm?"

"If you could go back in time...would you marry Melanie or me?"

He looked at me like I was crazy as his mouth parted slightly.

"Are you insane?!" He shouted as I nodded and shrugged.

"Some people tell me that, yes." I mumbled.

"Max, you know I love you and I would never want to go back in time and marry that...that so- not-you-girl." He laughed as a small smile formed on my lips.

"Well, thanks." I said.

"And...I like that dress." He smirked, pointing to the one in the magazine.

"Nobody is making me wear a veil and that is final." I giggled as he smiled from ear to ear.

"Well, you have to wear something in your hair..."

"A flower. Not a tiara or a veil...a flower." I laughed.

"I want a flower to wear at you and Uncle Jack's wedding." Ellarie smiled as I looked at Jack and then back down at her.

"Okay, Ellie. I'll get you a flower. You're going to be our flower girl anyway." I smiled as Ellarie clapped her hands together and stared down at the magazine.

"What's the theme?" Jack asked quietly as I looked up at him and shrugged.

"Black." I shrugged.

"What?" Jack's eyes popped out of his sockets. I smiled at how adorable he was.

"I'm kidding. God, it's not a punk wedding." I laughed.

"I say...green maybe? Although I really like violet. I need Jasey's opinion for this stuff." I sighed.

"Well, when she gets here later on tonight. You can ask her about it." He said as I nodded.

"But she'll want to get home and stuff and put Ellarie to bed. I can't tonight." I said, shaking my head and then I smelt something burning...

"Look at dat!" Ellarie yelled out as Jack and I looked up at the same time.

"Holy shit!" I yelled out, handing Ellarie to Jack as I pounced up off the couch and ran towards the kitchen.

I opened the oven and looked inside...the oven mitt was in there.

I looked at Jack who gave me a look that said: "My bad."

I turned off the oven and shook my head.

"Well, there goes dinner!" I shouted as Ellarie laid her head on Jack's shoulder.

Jack then grabbed the phone book from the counter and stared at me.

"Pizza anyone?"

~

Ellarie, Jack, and I sat on the floor eating pizza and watching Tom and Jerry.

"See dinner didn't turn out to be a total disaster." Jack smiled, biting into his pizza as I rolled my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Why did you even put the oven mitt in the oven with the dinner?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I was suppose to take it out...but then Ellarie wanted the cookies and...yeah." He said in disappointment.

"You forget easily." I mumbled as he shrugged and I let my head up off of his shoulder.

Ellarie stared intently up at the TV while Tom chased Jerry around their house.

Then we heard the door come open and Jasey came in with Alex behind her.

"Mommy!" Ellarie yelled out, getting up off the floor and running over to Jasey as I gave her a half smile.

"Hey, guys! How was she?" Jasey asked as Alex continued to smile at Jasey like she was God.

I chuckled and looked at Jack as Jack shook his head.

"We would rather not talk about it." I sighed, shaking my head as Jasey gave us a worried look and so did Alex.

"What did she do?" Jasey sighed, picking up Ellarie as she hung on her hip.

"The only problem was that she wanted cookies...and then Jack almost lit the house on fire." I said as Jasey's mouth parted slightly and Alex's brown eyes grew wide.

"Well, Ellarie was distracting me." He mumbled.

"Thank, God Max saved the day." I chuckled.

All eyes were on me.

"He accidentally forgot to take the oven mitt out of the oven after he put the food in." I sighed as Jasey laughed and Alex shook his head.

"And you trusted Jack in the kitchen?" Alex said, staring at me.

"Well, part of this situation was my fault." I said as Jack looked at me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry." He said, giving me a half smile as I kissed him softly.

"It's okay, Jack." I whispered.

I stood up off the floor as Jack continued to stay down on the floor.

Alex sat down beside him and looked inside the pizza box.

"Alright! Four left!" Alex yelled out with pure joy in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Alex, you already ate." Jasey sighed, shaking her head as I laughed and went to the kitchen as she followed behind me.

"So what's up with you and Jack?" She asked, cocking her eyebrow up at me as I leaned up against the island and licked my dry lips.

"I don't know what it is...Ever since the hospital he's been like totally out of it. Like, not fun anymore." I whispered.

I had no idea what was wrong with him.

"Oh, God. Did you guys get in a fight? Did something happen?" She asked in panic. Her crystal blue eyes filled with worry and sympathy.

"No. I just don't know." I shrugged.

"Well, have you talked to him about it?" She whispered as I shook my head slowly.

"No. I really don't want to, Jasey. I mean what if...he doesn't love me like he used to?" I said as I nibbled my lip.

"Oh, Max! You know that is so not true. Jack loves you with all his heart. Just don't worry about it. I'm sure he's just a little...tired or something?" She reassure me as I gulped.

"Yeah, maybe." I muttered.

She then got closer to me and quickly pecked my cheek.

"I love you, Max." She gave me a half smile as I nodded and hugged her tight to me and then kissed Ellarie's cheek.

"I love you too, Jasey. And Ellarie." I smiled as Ellarie put her thumb up in the air.

"I'll call you later. M'kay?" Jasey said, heading out of the kitchen as Alex met up with her and smiled, taking Ellarie from her as she then hung on his hip.

Jack came into the kitchen and stood beside me as I gave him a curious look and Alex and Jasey looked at both of us with confusion.

What is going on with us?

"Okay, Jasey. I'll call you later." I smiled as she nodded and headed towards the door as I opened it for them.

"Bye, guys." I said as Alex smiled at me and then back at Jack.

"Bye, bro." Jack waved as Alex waved back and they headed out the door as I walked out with them and Jack followed behind me.

"Bye, Auntie Max and Uncle Jack!" Ellarie shouted as I blew her a kiss and she blew one back.

"Love you guys!" I yelled out as they got in the car and backed out of our driveway.

Alex honked at us as I continued to wave until they disappeared down our street.

"What is with you?" I asked Jack, turning to him as he arched his eyebrow up at me.

"Me? What about you? Alex said you were pissed at me!" Jack exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and went inside as Jack came in and shut the door behind him and locked it.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I sighed, jogging up the stairs and shutting the door on him and locking it before he could come in...
♠ ♠ ♠
Max and Jack's Song :]
Alright, so!
Wow.
Long time since I wrote a chapter for this. Haha.
Um...we would love it if...you all...
COMMENTED!
Like seriously we are in some desperate need for some feedback!
PLEASE GUYS! HAVE A HEART! COMMENT!
I'M SO SERIOUS RIGHT NOW! OR I WOULDN'T BE TYPING IN CAPS...

Please and thanks :]
Love & Rockets, Faith (Faye) <3