True Friends, True Lovers

Teardrop

Image

It was Monday. I saw Lauren and walked to her and we stared to talk. But then Peter was there and when he kissed her on top of the head it stared to snow. It felt like i was in her dream. But it was all real. Lauren was more happy when she was with him. They stared to walk and i was left standing in the snow sad. I was the last one. But i knew i couldn't be sad or jealous. I had to be happy. But it was hard. Losing friends for guys.

'Hey Alice!" said Christine.

"O hi!" I said surprised.

I haven't talked to Christine since the beginning of the school year. The whole time we were updating each other on school and laughing. Laughing like the old times. It was good to have a old friend with me.

****

I was sitting in math. Waiting till Lauren came in and for the bell to ring. I saw Lauren and Peter together. When Lauren walked into class and sat down i turned around.

"Hey" i said.

"I'm so depressed"

"um but you were just smiling?"

"I know but I'm not with Peter".

"So"

"Well Alice. Once you get your first boyfriend the world s so much better."

I just smiled. I was OK with not having a boyfriend. Cause I think having friends were better then a boyfriend. But not my friends. I'm on my own now. I let out a tear.