Status: Active

Weight of Time

He came scurrying in my doorway; his copper-colored hair tousled in various directions, jeans hanging loosely off his waist and tee shirt inside out. I arched my brows, wondering what in the world he could possibly be doing at my house at ten-thirty on a Wednesday night. Before the question could even escape my mouth, he held up his right hand, which was firmly clutching onto a stack of papers and envelopes.

“Garrett, what are those?”

“College applications,” he told me.

I sighed and opened my mouth to tell him that I couldn’t possibly fill those papers out; that I was in no position to make that kind of decision right now, but he spoke before I could.

“Adrianna, you need to make a choice. You’re walking around as if you’ve got all the time in the world, and you don’t. You’re jeopardizing your future and you know it; that’s why you’re so damn scared. And to be quite honest, I’m scared for you. But since you won’t go to the help, I’ve brought the help to you. There are pamphlets, information letters and applications. All you have to do is fill them out and I’ll take care of the rest.” His electric, blue orbs locked with my eyes and I knew that he was being serious.

He wanted me to succeed - to make something of myself - and I loved him for that. However, I wasn’t ready to make a decision. I, Adrianna Elizabeth Monroe have been, and probably always will be, a coward. I’m scared of change and I’m even more petrified of the future.

---

Chapter Title Credit;
Jumper by Third Eye Blind.


Most Influential Song;
Candles by We Shot The Moon.