Status: Three-shot, complete.

I wasn't him, he was me.

o2/o3.

The ice cold wind hit my face, leaving a fuzzy feeling in my cheeks. My breaths were calmer already but I wasn’t ready to open my eyes and face the world. Not just yet. Another wind spun around me and the smell of fresh sea water made me forget about everything else. But just for a moment. And in that moment I opened my eyes, slowly. The sight was beautiful. The rising sun made the sky look Orange, and the shadows Grey. This was the happiest I’ve been in a while, and it only lasted for a second.

My child…

I gripped onto the railing. “Yes?” My voice came out as a whisper. My teeth were clenched.

What is troubling you?

“Nothing, sir.” I look out at the water. “Nothing at all.”

I know you are thinking of her. But remember, young one. Remember that I was the one who was there for you in your time of need. Remember it was I that guided you. And what has she done for you? Nothing. She has done nothing for you, and for that she must pay.

Steady tears escape my eyes but I don’t turn my gaze away.

You must trust me. For I know what is best for you. I know what is right.

I nod my head.

Now go. Go and end your pain. Finish your job.

Filled with sudden rage I run back to the old construction site. Upon entering the 5th floor I am hit with silence. I stop. With reluctant steps I walk towards the only closed door, then remembering what he said I pick up my pace. Numbness washes over the anger when my eyes witness what lies behind the door. In the furthest corner from the door sits the small frame of a person. This person has her head on her knees holding so tightly it hurts just to look. Her head rises and frightened eyes look up at me. I walk over without feeling a thing. She shrinks into the corner as I near. This person was once a girl I loved. And now that girl is gone, replacing her is a fragile stranger. I take her hand and she stands up with little reluctance. Then just like that I turn into the person I was moments ago. Sloane can see that because she struggles to get out of my grip. My hand only tightens. With my other hand I grab her hair and pull her towards the door.