Status: Incomplete

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

Here’s to the notes lost in the washer, to the memories washed away.

I walked into the old Hockey rink that I had been to more times than i could count. It was exactly the same, same smell, same wall decorations and one that brought back memories of all the great times me and Kris had here together. To the right as soon as you walk through the doors was a picture of the heart throb that broke my heart, but gave me the best gift in the world. It was a picture from the night he got his record breaking 5th hat-trick for a defenseman. I continued down the hall and slowed as i reached the rink, walking down the bleachers to where Britt and my mom were sitting.

"Finally, it took you long enough." Mom said patting the bleachers next to her meaning she wanted me to sit down next to her.

"Luckily you didn't miss anything important." Britt looked at me and quickly back to the hockey game that was going on.

"Sorry the test took longer than I planned." I said kind of out of breath, as i sat down next to my mom on the bleachers.

There he was Carter my everything, without him I don't think I could have gotten through the Kris breakup. He was my baby, a part of me and Kris, so I was reminded of Kris everyday, he was a splitting image of his father. He even played the same position with the same number.

"Carter!" I yelled for him as he got onto the ice for the next shift. He turned and smiled his crooked smile, the same smile his father used to give me. My heart dropped a little.

Soon enough it was the third period and Carter had already gotten two goals, looking for his first Hat-trick. Just then he got the puck on his stick for a breakaway, deking and He shoots and scores. He was truly a gifted player, I guess he gets that from his father. All of his teammates tackled him to the ice with excitement, as the hats from the stands hit the glittering ice surface. The events of this hockey sent me into a daze.

*****************************************

"That's it Boys and Girls, Kris Letang has just broke the record for the most Hat-tricks by a defenseman." The announcers voice rang throughout the packed ice arena. Hat's were falling from the sky like snow flakes on a cold winter day. Kris was tackled to the ice by all his teammates, when they all got up he skated over to the glass where i was standing. He smiled his beautiful crooked smile and blew me a kiss, as he spoke loudly through the glass with his irresistible french accent that i loved to much.

"This was for you baby" He said placing his hand on the glass, i placed my hand on the glass were his was.

"I love you Jessica."He winked.

"I love you too." I said biting my lip and smiling as he skated back to the bench so they could finish the game.

******************************************

I was soon brought out of my daze by Brittany telling me that we had to go and meet Carter outside of the locker room.

"What was that, you were in your own little world back there" Brittany said as we walked down the long hallway to the locker room.

"What do you mean, I was fine." I said trying to deny that anything had happened.

"Whatever you say." She said really unconvinced. We made it to the locker room just in time as all the boys were running to there parents. Carter ran with all his strength into my arms almost knocking me over.

"Mommy look, they gave me the puck" He was so excited, this was a big accomplishment for him.

"That is great baby, we have to put it in a puck display case." I said taking the puck and placing it in my pocket so he wouldn't loose it, it was a keep sake.

"That's not all, Coach got me a signed Kris Letang puck." He shoved the puck in my face, Kris was his favorite player and hockey idol.

"Oh wow Buddy, this is just a great day for you." I said a little uneasy, giving him a big kiss.

"Yeah and he personalized it." Carter said still smiling from ear to ear, this smile wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. He handed me the puck and I read it to myself, "To Carter, Always follow your dreams, Love Kris Letang"

"That is so neat." I said slipping the puck into my other pocket, grabbing his hockey equipment and throwing it on my shoulder, as we made our way out of the Arena.

When we reached the house Carter ran to his room, so he could put his new pucks into one of the hockey puck display cases he had. I went to my room, i needed to let out some steam, This was becoming my new way of coping with the whole Kris thing. I was writing letter's to him, that i would never send. Just throwing them away, so no one could ever read them, i didn't want everyone to know i still wasn't over him, after everything.

------------------------------------------------------
Dear Kristopher,

This is it boy. no more crying over you, no more wishing you were here. thank you for the bruises, they go well with my fast beating heart, and its okay because Ive finally been torn apart & you know what I liked the best? How hours after you kissed me, I still felt it on my lips.
PS. It's been a tough five years. For all it's worth, I still keep your phone number at the bottom of my purse between the sticks of gum and the reasons why I don't call anymore, just in case you change your mind.

-- Jessica
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this story idea, more to come soon.
Tell me what you think (: